Cackling Hens Homestead LLC

azsummerskys

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All. I have 1/4 acre in Macon, GA. I have 8 raised gardening beds and I am adding 6 hay bales for additional planting this year. I also have 4 chickens, hoping to add 3 more this year. I also have 5 dogs. When my chickens escape their runs occassionaly, my dogs just leave them alone. They have been around my girls since they were 2 days old. I love canning everything and give extras to my neighbors.

And yes I started an LLC last year. Also put my house into the Cackling Hens Homestead LLC, for tax purposes.

I also go to the local elementary school and teach kids about chickens and growing your own vegetables.

You are never too old to start, I am 70 years young.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome to SS :frow Great to have you here! We have a few canning threads and chicken threads and gardening floating around here. Please chime in and tell us what you're up to?

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi azsummerskys and a BIG WELCOME to SS

What was the purpose for you starting an LLC? We did with our home based biz for liability purposes more than tax purposes since we sell food items. Can you explain a little further?

Sounds like you keep yourself busy. Where is your homestead?

Looking forward to hearing more from ya and having you as a forum member.

Jim...a young 60 y/o

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy from Arkansas. :welcome I have a few pullets and a cockerel myself. I have a couple of stray dogs my son rescued but they kill every chicken that crosses their path. It's a challenge to keep them separated. It's a shame people dump off animals. One looked like a walking skeleton when we got him. I also have a spoiled little chihuahua named Princess. I like canning too. I finally got me a pressure cooker for Christmas this year, until then I just did high acid boiling water bath things, dehydrating vegetables and freezing.