Caged chickens may come up for vote in OR and WA

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OFG - I love you! The Humane Society of the US is a radical bunch of idiots and have nothing to do with the SPCA, or the local Humane Societies.

They're the creeps who advocate that nobody should own a dog because dogs must have the same rights as humans.

I'll go with you to the big house OFG. Maybe we'll do 30 days in the electric chair.

Now that I have spouted off about the HSUS I really do have to say that we should keep an eye on some of the terrible living conditions some meat farms have for their chickens. But I know that I'm preaching to the choir here. We all care very much about our feathered friends as well as all other animals.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
swing on in, Boogity, will getcha all inked up and form a Farm Gang in the Big House.

you know i just keep trying to have a deep thought about all this.... but being as deep as a puddle i just can't get it to gel.

i keep thinking that there is gonna be a clash between the folks who just want to feed their families and are struggling with the high prices....and the do gooders who want to put farming (of all kinds) out of business based on moral grounds.

where is their concern for the something like 1 in 6 people in the country who go to bed hungry? most of those hungry people are kids...where is their standard of care?

many of these fake-humane-society proposals would set the bar higher for a chicken than for someone's child.

and even if you wanted to grow your own food - the food safety bill is gonna limit what you can/should eat!

right now i'm dumping some of our extra milk on the ground. i cant give it to the neighbors for fear of being swarmed by the food police. there are hungry people in our community but we are afraid to sell/give away our extra eggs because our insurance company will dump us if we "farm for profit."

not to mention that the infrastructure of our state is falling down around us - but we have to spend money on this kind of thing.

i dunno... i think things are gonna get really really interesting.

anyway thats all the deep thoughts that i can have for the day so i'm gonna think about pudding now.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
i think things are gonna get really really interesting.
Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Capt. Reynolds: Define "interesting".
Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, I heard my name...NOW what did I do? Jail, orange jumpsuit? :gig (I can pull off orange pretty well so no complaints there. And silver is my favorite metal.)
edit: I've always wanted a tattoo. "Farm Pirate" would be perfect! :lol:

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Kala said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
i'll be preachin' it from the Big House if them no-goodnicks get their way!

the scene:
OFG in federal lock up in with the murderers, drug deals, and wet-goat-owners.

java, in "federal orange" and shackles comes into the yard....

OFG: Java! what happened! did they finally get you?
Java: yep, my neighbors called The Man on me
OFG: for what?
Java: muddy duck
OFG: dang girl, thats like a life sentence. here, join the crew i'll getcha a "Farm Pirate" tattoo...

both sing "no body knows the troubles i've seen......"
:lol:
:yuckyuck :gig :lol:

Well, now that a muddy farm yard is "illegal" I might as well get fitted for one of them fancy orange "perp walk' suits that you see on the MSM news at six oclock!!!