can anyone identify this pig?

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hmmm... I know what you mean. When we were kids, we named our porkers Ham and Bacon so we would remember the point :D

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I say Duroc/Hamp cross too. Fine looking pig either way! I wish I would have gotten a piggie for Xmas,...:hit ................:lol:

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
I say Duroc/Hamp cross too. Fine looking pig either way! I wish I would have gotten a piggie for Xmas,...:hit ................:lol:
thank you! i think she's a beauty. it was quite literally one of the best gifts i've ever received!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
how's she doing??

i laughed when i saw your "breeding or eating" comment... Bourbon Red told us to always get males so that we wouldnt have that conflict. then, you know, i got to hatin' 'em so bad it didnt matter.

;-)

so tell us all about your set up and stuff....

:)

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
how's she doing??

i laughed when i saw your "breeding or eating" comment... Bourbon Red told us to always get males so that we wouldnt have that conflict. then, you know, i got to hatin' 'em so bad it didnt matter.

so tell us all about your set up and stuff....
had i picked one out myself i probably would have gotten a male for just that reason. as it is, i'm thinking i'll just go get a couple of her litter mates so i don't have to make the decision right away. ;)

she's doing good. right now, she's living in the horse trailer. since i had no idea she was coming, i had no plan figured out for exactly WHERE to put a pig. i'd scouted a couple of places on the farm that i thought would make good pig yards but i never made a firm decision. SO that's what i've been doing the past few days- trying to figure out where she should go.

it's been a blessing that she's stuck in the trailer though, because we've got TONS of snow (for here at least). so she's happily and warmly ensconced in the horse trailer where she spends her days eating and burrowing in the hay. quite a happy pig.

she'll let me pet her when she's eating but she's still nervous around me. i tried to bribe her with some apple pieces today but she was so intent on her feed that she ignored them completely. maybe next time i'll try the apple BEFORE i feed her.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It looks like a Kune Kune pig to me. do a search on it....if he is its a very sweet loving animal and one that does not rut and dig but likes to eat pasture.

I am hoping to have a few someday