Can you believe some people?!?!?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Last week I posted about a kitten we found by our horse trailer. That kitty is doing fine and has found a new home.

But now we know, or have a very good idea of where it came from. Yesterday my son just happened to look out the window in our laundry room, and saw our NEIGHBOUR throw a kitten out of his truck window onto our laneway. so now we have another kitten to take care of and find a new home for.

Still not sure what we are going to do about the neighbour. Unbelievable.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a JERK! I would talk to the neighbor, or write them a note... We have witnessed you throwing a kitten out of your truck while driving by our home, and would like to ask you to Stop IMMEDIATELY. What you are doing is none short of abuse...and we will be forced to turn you in if this continues. Poor kitties....I hope they were not hurt. Some people are just JERKS!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Uh...take any and all unwanted roosters over at 3 a.m. and cage them underneath his bedroom window. :lol:

Seriously, what a freakin jerkface move! :smack I'd confront him. :rant

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i'd be worried that by confronting him, all he'll do is start throwing them somewhere else where they won't find help. =/ depending on the guy, and how well you know him, it might be worth a conversation but i'd honestly be tempted to just turn him in first and let AC confiscate any other kittens.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I know right? the kitten is fine, as far as being thrown out the window, but he has blood inhis poop and ear mites. He is very timid. Not sure what we are going to do yet,, as far as the kitten is concerned or the neighbour. I just can't believe it. It is abuse. And now we know how all the other cats have found our way into our yard too. These two, , and I'm sure the three we got last year and the year before. I mean, if you were gonna do something like that, would you choose your closest neighbours house? not that he should be doing it anyways, but that just totally ruins what type of neighbourly relations we did have. I still can't believe he did it. JERK.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Confronting him, I don't htink would be the best thing to do. Still tossing about the idea of calling animal control on him. But then he would knowwe called, since it was OUR dirveway. It would probably be better to confront him than to do that.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
AC will want/need proof to prosecute. A kids word will only go so far. There is nothing you can really do other than confront him. :hu It's all AC will do, just confront him, and muck up neighbor relations moreso because ya called them instead of confronting him yourself. I don't often get authorities involved in anything between myself and neighbors. While not all my neighbors adore me, they at least respect me, even when we disagree. That's just my own personal experience though. Your neighborhood may be different. I personally, would give him an earfull, tactfully of course, but an earfull no less.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would call AC, but that's just me. I understand the hesitation, believe me; if this idiot would hurt a poor defenseless kitten, what would he do to a human who was actually standing up to him? But depending on the laws in your area, he could at least be "written up", given a citation, or something. I mean, he's got to be stopped somehow, right? Please keep us informed on this, MTN, & good luck!

And bless you for caring!! :hugs

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I know, I am not gonna call AC, and I am just glad he doesn't have the kitten anymore. I don't think we will confront him. But it pi$$es me off just the same.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
What a freekin jerk! (I can't type what I really want to call him...but it isn't pretty.) I'd be too much of a chicken to confront him b/c I have no man/nor a gun around here to back me up. I would worry too much about retaliation. However, how about calling the police. They probably won't do anything, but there will be a record. Right? Torturing an animal in front of a child is considered child abuse AND animal abuse. I would call animal control as well, ask them their opinion. You never know.