elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i posted this on byc but it got buried in a matter of seconds so pls help me

i have to secure the front of my property and am really interested in these

they are the one in the top left hand corner

they are made out of iron and are spear heads

the side fences are 4' and the gates are 8' at the highest and 6' at the lowest

what would be an honest price for these as i dont want to pay more than scrap value and he has been trying to sell them for months and the first post that he had he made sure he assured everyone they were in front of a governors mansion and are antique but i dont care about that and he said they are worth 2500.00 but in this economy no one is going to pay for that unless you find a collector and right now that is one in a million

thanks in advance

http://charleston.craigslist.org/mat/1399212941.html

i was going to start at 300.00 and stop at 500.00 but please tell me if that is crazy

the gates themselves are 10 ft wide and the fences are almost 10 ft wide so in total its almost 30 ft wide

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have no idea what an honest price in your area would be. I suggest calling around to scrap iron places and see how much they are paying per pound. Estimate how much these weigh. (A lot I am guessing). Then maybe figure out a price slightly above scrap prices. Make your offer with an explaination of how you arrived at that price.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
They probably would cost you $2500 to have them made. I've priced iron work within the last year and it gets expensive real fast. Still, I think starting off at $300 is a good idea. You might just talk him down, and you never know unless you try. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
once i buy them i will so take pics after they are installed and hopefully he will take less then 500

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I've priced small iron pieces (for garden decoration) at $100. I would think $300 for something that size would be a great price.