can you use these for rain barrells

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
someone in my area has posted the 275 gallon plastic totes with the metal skeleton for 25.00 and what sucks is they only have 2 left

i know these usually go for like 200 a piece

i am pretty sure they are already fitted with the spout near the bottom but would they double as rain barrells

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I have two of them --had more but sold them. Just make sure of whaat they had in there beforehand.

Get this---my hubby gets them for work for FREEE!!!!! Previous contents chlorine.

He even got a stand for one. They have an opening at the top that the downspout fits right into, and a lever valve at the bottom. that you can hook up a coupling with a hose on.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DANG i thought 25.00 was a good price but free is better

should i hold off and see if i can get some free or is 25.00 worth it

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the only reason i have not gotten them so far is because they are 3 hours from my current house but the house i am moving to and go to every month is like 30 min away and i was waiting till i went to the land to get them but that is a month away

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Seriously, make sure they didn't have pesticides or fertilizer in them previously, as those containers often do. Traces will remain despite washing.

They are pretty handy though if you can get clean ones :)

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I've seen them used here for collecting maple sap! Also for liquid fertilizer and who knows what that yellow liquid is....probably herbicide. Be careful.

$25 is a great deal if they are clean.

Latest posts