Canadian $275 BILLION bank bailout.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's all interesting about the water. I've lived in Washington all my life and not known that. You'd think with so much rain here, there'd be more than enough to go around.

Besides, even if the law didn't change-who's the water collection police and how would they know if anyone collected it?

I would think it would be encouraged, especially since we have draughty summers and it would help if personally saved water helped to water gardens/yards and save on public water. Oh well, that's our government-never did make much sense to me.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
That's all interesting about the water. I've lived in Washington all my life and not known that. You'd think with so much rain here, there'd be more than enough to go around.

Besides, even if the law didn't change-who's the water collection police and how would they know if anyone collected it?

I would think it would be encouraged, especially since we have draughty summers and it would help if personally saved water helped to water gardens/yards and save on public water. Oh well, that's our government-never did make much sense to me.
All the water that falls is owned by the State, because it is considered "surface water." If you have a pond, you do not have a right to that water.

How would they know? They have satellite images of our properties.

Seems they have changed their mind because all that extra runoff during the storm water events is causing erosion to the streams.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks, Drakemaiden. Sucks doesn't it? But don't say that too loud (state owned rainwater) or they'll tax us for it or charge user fees.

I'm just rebel enough to say :tongue to needless beauracracy (sp)

Government changes it's mind quite often about matters that never made much sense to begin with. They just take a long time in doing so.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
They often need a fire lit beneath them.

Yeah . . . taxing will be next.

At some point, the more they push us, the more people will rebel.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
They often need a fire lit beneath them.

Yeah . . . taxing will be next.

At some point, the more they push us, the more people will rebel.
What do you think the Tea Parties are all about?? A LOT of folks have had enough already...and Washington had better wake up.