canned apple pie filling recipe?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FARMERCHICK (in a sad lecturing tone) what if the electricity goes out?

**********Alright you kiss of death roosmom...LOL-LOL :th

This is a killer farm time for me. Soap orders are thru the roof at Xmas time. Stores order double orders with my Xmas labels, customers email constantly wanting gifts for Aunt Sue and Aunt Mary...LOL-LOL

I just cut back and freeze the apples cause of convenience for time mainly.

Ice storms are my worry here but I have a small generator to definitely run at least 1 freezer....so???-----what if the power goes out and I have tons of apples to eat---Hmm....NEIGHBORHOOD PARTY! Fried apple pies on the grill...but the boatload..HA HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Of course I know you are goofing on me...LOL

I had to write an explanation to make myself except the fact I am not canning any apples this year..HA HA...fooling myself into a good excuse..HA HA

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ice storms are my worry here but I have a small generator to definitely run at least 1 freezer....so???-----what if the power goes out and I have tons of apples to eat---Hmm....NEIGHBORHOOD PARTY! Fried apple pies on the grill...but the boatload..HA HA HA
These are the best kind of power outages for someone with a full freezer....just put your frozen apples outside in a plastic tote. Let nature be your freezer! :D We didn't have any way to refrigerate the first year we moved back on our homestead when I was young. We kept things in the spring or in a small ice chest. In the winter...well, this is free refrigeration time! ;)