Canning Potatos Questions

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how after each success you breath that sigh of relief and wonder what you were so nervous about.

ABHanna4d

Power Conserver
Reaction score
2dream said:
Isn't it funny how after each success you breath that sigh of relief and wonder what you were so nervous about.
So true!!

ABHanna4d

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I picked another 20 lbs of potatoes yesterday from the garden!! Im so excitted!!! I still cant decide if Im going to can these (since the last time was super easy) or if Im going to try something new and save them "as is". I had a blast with the potatoes though...the whole time I was in suspense if I was going to have alot of potatoes or not! It was funny how one plant would have 2 potatoes and the next one would have 12...I still dont understand that one, but it was fun. My kids helped and they kept getting so excitted saying they were digging for treasure :)
1249_picture_3487.jpg

Thank you all :)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Ooh, I now want to can and dehydrate some potatoes!! :ya I didn't grow enough this year, so I will have to buy some, but next time they are on sale I will stock up and preserve them!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ok I just dug up my taters!

Has anyone ever water bath canned potatoes? If so, would you mind walking me through? What did you use for liquid? How long did you process them? Do you cut them up so they are the same size?

Thanks! :D

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BBH - ever figure this out/get an answer?

:caf

I'm not growing potatoes - this year ;) , but with Christmas around the corner, they just went on sale 10 lbs for $3, so I was thinking of stocking up and canning some. But I don't have a pressure canner yet, so I'd need to know if WBC is okay :hu

thanks!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I caved in and got a pressure canner. I canned quarts of potatoes this summer and have been enjoying them ever since. They are perfect for a quick potato soup. :)

I don't think you can WBC them.

I got the instructions from the internet.