Canning Recipe? Turkey and Veggie Recipe!

ABHanna4d

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I need help finding a recipe for pressure canning a turkey and veggie mixture. I cooked a turkey yesterday and have a ton of meat that I would like to can instead of freeze and I would love to can it with some veggies so it is ready to go! I dont have a lot of experience with pressure canning and I dont want to ruin a lot of work by doing it wrong.
I found some recipes for stewed veggies canned and then a recipe for chicken, celery and carrots. I would like a recipe that has chicken, celery and carrots (like the recipe I found) but ALSO with potatoes, beans, peas, onions, and corn.
Does anyone know of any recipes like this????
ALSO, does Turkey can the same as chicken??

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Our resident canning queen is Ldychef2k...I am sure she will be a long shortly to advise you :thumbsup

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ABHanna4d said:
I need help finding a recipe for pressure canning a turkey and veggie mixture. I cooked a turkey yesterday and have a ton of meat that I would like to can instead of freeze and I would love to can it with some veggies so it is ready to go! I dont have a lot of experience with pressure canning and I dont want to ruin a lot of work by doing it wrong.
I found some recipes for stewed veggies canned and then a recipe for chicken, celery and carrots. I would like a recipe that has chicken, celery and carrots (like the recipe I found) but ALSO with potatoes, beans, peas, onions, and corn.
Does anyone know of any recipes like this????
ALSO, does Turkey can the same as chicken??
Okay, the only problem here is that potatoes don't stand up well to pressure canning when you have to can it as long as you can for meat BUT I do it anyway. So put your already cooked turkey into whatever sized chunks you like in the jar. Add some Turkey stock, salt if you think it needs it and then put your veggies in raw. Keep the potatoes in as big a chunks as you can. Seal it and pressure can it for whatever that meat time and pressure is. It's 90 for quarts at 15 pounds here.
I usually can my chicken raw so it's not exactly the same but the final product will be just as tender and good tasting so go for it!

ABHanna4d

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Would it be wise to just can the turkey seperate in some half pint jars and the veggies in a quart jar...then combine them when it is time for cookin?

chickencrazymamahen

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
If you are going for a soup type mixture, cook it up, ladle in the jars, process 90 minutes at 10 lbs. pressure. Thats for quarts, I do soups like this often, chili too......good luck!!