Canning Season over!?? Check for sales!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My son works at our local Wal Mart...and called me the other day from his work. All the canning supplies are now on sale. I was able to get pint, wide mouth jars for $7.00 a case. Of course there were only a few left, but he got them for me! Then, today, Iw as at our local Dollar General, and found lids (flats) for $1.00 a box. Yup, I got all they had. :D Get out there and get to lookin! Its "sale season" :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
great reminder!! i found the $7 wallmart sale earlier in the summer but we should go for another round. i think the Dollar Store had/has those also at the end of season

yay! great bargain hunting!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
If you live where there is a Winco, they had pint wide mouth for 5.79 all summer, quarts were $6.79. Then for two weeks they took them off green tag special, back to $8 or so a case, and now they are on green tag again, but 50 cents or so higher. Tricky.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, y'all! What ever would I do without my SS family :love

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks I will be on the look out. I always watch in yard sales first thing in the spring for canning stuff. And also the moving sales they are really good ones to check. Canning stuff takes up a lot of space and most fokes don't seem to want to take then with then when they move.