frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Teamwork.jpg

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's beautiful too! I like snakes, but we have so many poisonous ones where I live at the moment, I'm starting to get paranoid LOL What kind of snake is that?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is a Speckled King snake and one of his greatest attributes is that they'll eat other poisonous snakes.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh wow! That is a great attribute. I wish we had a few of them around here...

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember seeing some transient workers from the greenhouses across the street from us in California trying to get a car to run over a snake in the road. DH went over to see what was going on; they had found a very large gopher snake and they thought it was a rattlesnake and wanted it killed. Luckily, they were so scared of it they hadn't been able to get it under the wheels of any passing car yet (they were using a broom). DH explained in his broken Spanish that this was not a rattlesnake, that it was a good snake. Then he picked it up and brought it to our garden and let it go in the corn patch- the poor thing apparently realized he was being rescued and just wrapped itself around him and lay calmly in his hands. From then on, the transients would come over to let us know if they found another snake so he could get it out of their greenhouse (we believe they thought we were eating them, lol)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I hear they taste like chicken! :lol:

Latest posts