carry question for women with their CCP

goatilocks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok, ladies, for those of you with your CCP, how do you carry? Holster? Purse? And what do you normally carry? Im thinking real hard about getting mine, went gun shopping for Christmas yesterday.

Duker17

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I took the class back in Aug, although I haven't went and actually got my permit yet. Our instructor said there are some pretty cool purses made for carrying, but quite pricey! I would probably carry in my purse though, my pockets definitely aren't large enough and I'm not sure I would want it any where else.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I looked around and found a purse with two compartments; I keep my gun in one and everything else in the other. I used to carry a 22Mag, but I've upgraded to a 38 special as it has a little more stopping power. Actually, right now I can't carry anything as my license expired and I need to get in to renew it!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Can't get a CCP unless you're law enforcement or somebody has made legit death threats against you in MD. :hit
Maybe once we move...
A friend of mine recounted that he's gotten out of 5 tickets because of his CCP - he presents it along with his license (which is what you're supposed to do) when he's pulled over and the cops all seem to let him off! And he said he speeds pretty bad!
Once we move to another state, I am sure we'll explore that in the future. Right now I'm having too much fun being good at shooting the M4, which doesn't exactly conceal :p

BusyBlonde

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
When I carry, it's in a holster - I have a glock 40 cal. I am looking for something a bit smaller, as it's a little large (even though it's the compact model) for me to really carry concealed.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Can't get a CCP unless you're law enforcement or somebody has made legit death threats against you in MD. :hit
Maybe once we move...
A friend of mine recounted that he's gotten out of 5 tickets because of his CCP - he presents it along with his license (which is what you're supposed to do) when he's pulled over and the cops all seem to let him off! And he said he speeds pretty bad!
Once we move to another state, I am sure we'll explore that in the future. Right now I'm having too much fun being good at shooting the M4, which doesn't exactly conceal :p
I assume when you say M4 you are writing about the M4A1 carbine Not the old M4 survival rifle of WWII [outlawed] or does it stand for something else? I know it isn't a M4 Sherman tank.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
~gd said:
I assume when you say M4 you are writing about the M4A1 carbine Not the old M4 survival rifle of WWII [outlawed] or does it stand for something else? I know it isn't a M4 Sherman tank.
LOL, yes the carbine... though a tank would be LOTS of fun!!! I don't think a CCP would matter if I had a Sherman!!! Wahooo!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Marianne said:
I was just trying to figure out what a CCP was when I first read the post. :lol:
Same here! I was thinking this was about some medical issue and pregnancy, and almost didn't open the thread! :lol:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
~gd said:
LOL, yes the carbine... though a tank would be LOTS of fun!!! I don't think a CCP would matter if I had a Sherman!!! Wahooo!!
Fuel for it might be something of a problem though....:lol: