02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Never been in either
04. What is your favorite color? red
05. What is your favorite kind of gum?airwaves
06. How much do you weigh?110 lb
07. How tall are you? 5ft 7
08. Can you swim? like a brick
09. Do you like to swim? its one of my missions to learn
10. Living arrangement? married, together for 15 years married for 3, with 3 kids 8,5, and 1
11. What's on your mouse pad? nothing
12. Favorite board game?guess who
13. Favorite magazine? i like all the glossies
14. Favorite Actor?my hubbie says brad pitt i disagree
15. Favorite Actress? dont really have one
16. Do you have an accent? irish, sligo townie accent
17. Favorite smells? cut grass, christmas dinner, cabbage and bacon, fresh baked cakes!!
18. Least favorite smells? vanilla
19. Favorite sound? my kids laughing
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? pool, they are soo much warmer
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? no
22. Pencil or pen? pen
23. Who's better - boys or girls? depends on what you want done
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? no
25. Do you sing in the shower? all the time
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? ?!?!?!
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? please just give me 5 more mins!
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? depends on how fast i can get to it
29. How do you want to die? in my sleep, no pain
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? no
31. Gold or silver? gold
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? dont think so,!
33. Do you like dressing up? love it
34. Would you rather be short or tall? tall
35. Do you enjoy reading? love it
36. What book are you reading now? organic gardening
37. Favorite books? any thriller
38. What was the last movie you saw? ant really remember, it must not have been very good.
39. Favorite movies? pulp fiction, never ending story, transformers, fast and furious
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? no just my husband
41. What is your sign? gemini
42. What are your personality traits? outgoing, honest, a small bit crazy, loving
43. What's your biggest fear? losing my kids
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? not sure on that one
45. Future child's name? I have 3 kids im done
46. Favorite foods? chilli con carne, sea food chowder, cabbage and bacon
47. Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate
48. Do you like to drive fast? sometimes
49. Storms - cool or scary? cool
50. Do you like to dance? ya
51. Do you do drugs? no
52. Do you smoke? no
53. What do you think of people who smoke? they need to stop
54. Do you drink? yes
55. Favorite drink? i love a glass of wine or a cold beer
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? no
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? yes
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? im not sure any more,
59. What's your "type"? kind, loving, funny, make me laugh light brown hair.
60. Do you bite your nails? i used to, gave it up.
61. Any siblings? two sisters
62. What movies have you cried in?---
63. Do you believe in God? ya
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? yes
65. Have you ever stolen anything? yes
66. Do you procrastinate? all the time
67. Do you believe in fate? yes, whats for you won't pass you!
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? big bird and cookie monster, sorry i couldn't choose
69. Do you organize your CD's? no
70. What is your favorite kind of music? all sorts depends on my mood.
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? gareth brooks beyonce ne yo too many to say,
72. What was the last CD you got? gareth brooks
73. MTV or VH1? mtv
74. Who do you admire the most? my mother
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? no
76. Are you single? no
77. Favorite TV show? house and csi
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? -
79. Glasses or contacts? both would love not to wear any!
80. What color are your eyes? brown
81. What is your natural hair color? dark brown
82. But what color is it now? dark brown
83. Have you ever been in love? yes i still am!
84. Any pets? 1 dog golden lab missy
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? good
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? depends on the day
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? rights keys but slowly
88. What's under your bed? dust
89. What is your favorite number? 7
90. Favorite sport to watch? horse riding,

cartychic

Power Conserver
Reaction score
After loads of reading here, ive decided to try and journal!! so here goes.
Im Irish, I live in a city called Sligo, I've lived here all my life, and i love it.
Im a stay at home mum, I have two daughters age 8 and 5 and a son age 1. About four years ago we decided we wanted to move from the city to the country, so we were lucky enough to build our own house and we moved in about 19 months ago. I love it here, I could never see my self moving back to the city.
So how did it all start, I woke up one morning and I decided I would like a little veg patch, so I got my poor hubbie to build me two raised beds. So then I decided 'hey lets get some chickens,' its good for the kids and we get fresh eggs!!
So now I have been bitten by the bug, and I love it. All my family and friends think im mad, but they don't mind eating my carrotts, scallons, and onions!!
I now have 6 chickens (1 roo) 5 white turkeys, 3 ducks. Im making my veg patch bigger for next season, and I working on getting a pig (my hubbie keeps telling me to wait a year or two!).

So my goals are to provide enough seasonal fruit and veg to feed my family, have enough eggs and chicken to feed my family and anything after that is a bonus!
Let the madness begin!! :gig :lol: :lol:

cartychic

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hi big brown horse, that is some list!!
I'll have to do some more journalling tomorrow its bedtime here now, school in the morning!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Carty. :welcome I cant waite to hear more about Ireland...wow, my dream place to visit...no, to EXPERIENCE! Maybe ONE day.....:drool

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:welcome

I see a major trip for some of us. Hope you have room for us all. LOL

cartychic

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'll squeeze you all in some where guys!!!! The West Of Ireland Is the Place to See :D

Cabbage and bacon is easy, just boil up a joint of ham/bacon for around an hour, change the water, chop up your cabbage and put it in with the ham/bacon and boil for about an hour. In the mean time in another pot cook your patatoes, mash your patatoes and pour some of the cabbage over your spuds, and serve with loads of brown sauce. Simple and cheap, and all us irish lassies love it!!!!!

So I had one of those days today, I could not get out of bed today so the kids where late for school, I didnt check my flock when I let them out this morning, I just opened the door and ran! (Im luckey enough that my flock can free range most of the day!!). When I came back from the school run I noticed something was wrong with my tukeys. I was having my tea and toast this morning and one of my turkeys has started walking into things, its like it cant see it at all. So panick set in and I go out to investigate. The poor turkeys eye is all swollen and it has a crust on its beak, and then I notice there is two more the same!!!! This is my Christmas dinner, So my step-father-in-law (long story) was going to the vet so he got me some antibiotics for the turkeys. :barnie

This was first time doing anything like this and it was sooo funny. I enlisted the help of my two oldest girls to catch the turkeys, which took about 20 mins for each bird!! I have never tried to force anything down a birds mouth until today and I have to say its more difficult than I thought!!

So all the birds have there medicine, so I go and check my very small veg patch, in which I have a few early cabbages, to find something eat them all there is nothing left at all!!!.

So im pretty Pi***D off and my wonderful hubbie decides to build me some more raised beds!! So now im all happy and i've spent the evening digging. Now I have to decide what to plant in them. Any ideas, the weather is pretty crap here, rain all summer, loads of wind. I would love any advise anyone has.

Heres hoping tomorrow will be better, but it was funny catching those turkeys and I have to do it again tomorrow :lol: :lol:

(edited for all my bad spelling!!!)