Cat question???

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
savingdogs said:
Smudgie! We have a cat named Smudge. And another Smidgen. Is yours a cow kitty as well? Smudge was named for his spots.

I'd try something other than Friskies, that might help.
Smudgie is a grey black white cow
cat. :) The name really came becuase of the smudge on his nose. IT just stick out at ya. Pudgie lived right up to his name. :) He has the cutest round face and always find him in the cat food back even when there is food in his bowl. He still wools a bit but less and less as the months go by. Smudgie doesn't wool

About the anal glands. All clear. No signs of problem with that. I looked that one up too. http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+1322&aid=509

Thank you all So nice to find loving people who care. We so love cats and they know it too. :)
A grain free diet will slow down the constant eating quite a bit.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree with the diet change idea; this is most likely a diet issue. Milk, contrary to generations of cartoonists, is not recommmended for cats, but if you have kefir or yogurt you might try a little of that. They don't all like it, but if your guy does a tablespoon or two a day won't hurt him, and may help his intestinal fauna.
I've only had this problem with kittens - my older cats tend to upchuck, but not *pass gas*. Oh, but the kittens!!! We have a saying in our family: "Who Woozeled?", after one very notorious kitty - Woozel passed green, stinky clouds that could clear a room :lol:

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
THEFAN said:
savingdogs said:
Smudgie! We have a cat named Smudge. And another Smidgen. Is yours a cow kitty as well? Smudge was named for his spots.

I'd try something other than Friskies, that might help.
Smudgie is a grey black white cow
cat. :) The name really came becuase of the smudge on his nose. IT just stick out at ya. Pudgie lived right up to his name. :) He has the cutest round face and always find him in the cat food back even when there is food in his bowl. He still wools a bit but less and less as the months go by. Smudgie doesn't wool

About the anal glands. All clear. No signs of problem with that. I looked that one up too. http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+1322&aid=509

Thank you all So nice to find loving people who care. We so love cats and they know it too. :)
A grain free diet will slow down the constant eating quite a bit.
Thank you very much. I went out and bought non grain cat food and will slowly change over. Tonght they both ate the new food right up.

MAN I NEED TO SLOW DOWN ON MY TYPING!!! ARGHHH

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
ORChick said:
I agree with the diet change idea; this is most likely a diet issue. Milk, contrary to generations of cartoonists, is not recommmended for cats, but if you have kefir or yogurt you might try a little of that. They don't all like it, but if your guy does a tablespoon or two a day won't hurt him, and may help his intestinal fauna.
I've only had this problem with kittens - my older cats tend to upchuck, but not *pass gas*. Oh, but the kittens!!! We have a saying in our family: "Who Woozeled?", after one very notorious kitty - Woozel passed green, stinky clouds that could clear a room :lol:
Ours do great on raw milk.
Pasteurized will do bad things though.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So far so good. We switches to a all meat brand of cat food. No gas attacks in the face yet. :lol:

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you all we seems to have the gas under control. :) Now what to do with 30 lbs of old cat food. HMMM :hide

morgj

Power Conserver
Reaction score
shelters and refuges are always looking for donations of cat and dog food.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Some areas have groups called Animeals, which delivers donated pet food to shut ins recieiving the meals-on-wheels program.

Or what Morgi said.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WOW Thank you all for the posts. NO more chemical attacks and we donated the food to our animal control officier.

:weee

Love this site :love