Cattle panel greenhouse

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Down to 12°. It was close to 32 inside that night. There are a few 5 gallons of water in there that act as a heat sink and help as well.
Even with heat sink mass, that's still really good results. I'm going to use it again this year for insulation on a couple of things I have planned.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

LaurenRitz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My passive solar greenhouse at my old house consistently maintained a temperature between 12 and 15 degrees F above the outside after the outside temps hit freezing. Interestingly, the variance widened when the temperatures got lower. So when it was 20 degrees outside, it was 32 inside. 15 outside, 28 inside. 5 outside, 23 inside. I never got to check lower temperatures. The pattern could be tracked pretty easily.

peteyfoozer

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have some heavy plastic, but decided against using it for this greenhouse because of the way the wind is here. 40-50 mph gusts aren't unusual, and this will be in the direct path of most of the wind.
We have hi winds here, so I sandwiched the plastic between the cattle panels. Took twice the panels but when I built it they were still cheap