Chasteberry & regulating menstrual cycle

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope this isn't too full on as Iv only been here a few days!

But, I am a bit over having a few days of spotting before my period and my cycle is only 24-26 days so I thought I'd take some Vitex Angus Castus (chasteberry) see if it could regulate it a bit.

Now it's vanished :rolleyes: It's day 29 and there's been just the hint of it but it's like it can't seem to start.

Anyone else used this herb and have any experiance with it?

Also I'm not pregnant, weve tired for the last 2 years - no luck. I think my eggs are all too old :(

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't have much to offer, but I know it could take a few cycles to wake the body up and regulate. I wouldn't be too concerned, but then I have never been "regular" and nothing I try seems to help so I'm rather relaxed about it.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know lots of women like vitex but it made me feel emotionally flat so I stopped. That was a long time ago now. I think lovechooks is right. Give it some time....I'd say about 3 months max though.

During my productive years I came to rely on homeopathy to keep me straight and used nothing else until last year.

I wonder if you might benefit from some progesterone cream if the vitex doesn't work.

I take Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) and I've been pretty pleased with it for the past year but my doc tests my hormone levels. Its got estradiol (?), testosterone, progesterone and DHEA in it and is compounded. Now I worry about when I might have to stop it due to cost or government interference.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have read lots of good thing about Vitex and its use for feritility but I have not personally taken it. IF I did try to get pregnant again I have considered trying it.

Latest posts