Check out the English saddle I got a great deal on!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-sought-aft...821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f09ae1365

That is about the price listed on most Crosby XLs that I could find around, between $500-900.

Guess how much I paid for the one I bought for Sam today?? (It is used yet in perfect/pristine shape, came with leathers, irons (stirrups) and a girth.)

$125!!

:D

I know everything has come down in price due to the economy, but I bought her first a.p. English saddle 4 years ago for the same price and it was used hard and put up wet by the time we got it. Plus it didn't come with a girth, leathers or irons.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah!!!!! Wonderful!!!! That saddle will last a lifetime! I loved my Crosby, lost it in a barn fire, and got another!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
That is music to my ears!

About 6 months ago I got a circle Y "park and trail" western saddle at the same place for

get this

$90!!!

It did need the stirrup buckle fixed, however that only cost me $40 to have fixed.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wow, you are the saddle bargain queen! Watch out, your tack room will start to look like a tack shop! :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I know! I've got to sell something... :rolleyes:

I got some nice half chaps for $10 and a cute (brand new looking) English saddle pad for $5. I must stay away from this consignment shop!!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Congrats!!

I have TONS of pads if you want (just pay shipping) any! I ride in an ortho-flex endurance saddle and am putting jumping days behind me until current horses are gone. Which swing is still young at 20, so it might be another 10+ years like my mare who's still with me at 31 and still going strong *head desk* I got these horses knowing they'd be with me until they died, no one told me they'd live forever LOL.

Someday ill show again, but for now items need to go ;) I have an english bridle too, lots of bits.