Check your batteries and other supplies

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
philpatton said:
Dont loose sleep over this folks. My intentions was to share some information not to cause a panic.

The funny thing is after I posted this on another sight I received a phone call from a friend working at one of the FL plants. We were talking about this and that and I mentioned that I had posted the comments and wanted to know if he thought that I was off the mark. His remark was that he thought that I had nailed it.

The reality of the world being as they are we should always be prepared so that when they happen we will be able to provide for our loved ones.
Of course the fish you mention above never get sucked into the intake pipes? Nor other biomass, rocks and sand?

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
~gd said:
philpatton said:
Dont loose sleep over this folks. My intentions was to share some information not to cause a panic.

The funny thing is after I posted this on another sight I received a phone call from a friend working at one of the FL plants. We were talking about this and that and I mentioned that I had posted the comments and wanted to know if he thought that I was off the mark. His remark was that he thought that I had nailed it.

The reality of the world being as they are we should always be prepared so that when they happen we will be able to provide for our loved ones.
Of course the fish you mention above never get sucked into the intake pipes? Nor other biomass, rocks and sand?
~gd of course the items that you mentioned enter the intake pipes, but there are also provisions for the things that you mentioned. Among the provisions are screens designed to keep them out of the plant.

Oil on the other had cant be stopped by screens which has the potential to clog equipment. There are chemicals that can handle the oil, but that presents another ecological problem.

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score

Keep in mind when reading this article that there are other problem with this plant but focus on the narrative that talks about the problem that the gulf oil well presents.

Power Blackouts And Water Shortages Threaten Florida

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/power-blackouts-and-water-shortages-threaten-florida

Some bad news for our Tampa Bay/Mons Venus-based (yes, they do have WiFi) readers: globalresearch.ca notes that Florida "faces severe fresh water shortages and power blackouts if the thick crude oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster clogs sea water intakes at the largest seawater desalinisation plant in the United States -- the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalinisation Plant at Apollo Beach in Tampa, Florida." And some even worse news for America's purported democratic/free speech regime: "The Obama administration has taken a page from the government of Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev and Chernobyl in censoring the bad news from the Gulf oil mega-disaster. The Chernobyl cover-up largely resulted in the hastening of glasnost and the ultimate collapse of the Soviet Union."

From Globalresearch.ca

Informed emergency planning sources in Florida have informed WMR that the state faces severe fresh water shortages and power blackouts if the thick crude oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster clogs sea water intakes at the largest seawater desalinisation plant in the United States -- the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalinisation Plant at Apollo Beach in Tampa, Florida.

The plant, which uses seawater reverse osmosis to turn seawater into 16 to 19 million gallons of drinking water daily for residents of the Tampa Bay area, faces the threat of filtration membranes becoming clogged if oil from the Gulf of Mexico enters its intake pipes. Such an event would render the plant unable to process seawater, resulting in a major fresh water shortage for the Tampa Bay.

Similarly, oil clogging the water cooling intakes at the Crystal River Nuclear Power Plant on the Gulf of Mexico coast, some 80 miles north of Tampa, could force the shutdown of the Unit 3 pressurized water nuclear reactor. Such an event would result in power shutdowns in the Florida areas served by the power plant.

The Obama administration has taken a page from the government of Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev and Chernobyl in censoring the bad news from the Gulf oil mega-disaster. The Chernobyl cover-up largely resulted in the hastening of glasnost and the ultimate collapse of the Soviet Union.

All that is needed is the US government to now take charge of this fiasco. Unfortunately, it appears this will happen quite soon.