Cheese sauce explosion!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Was undecided where to post this question so I opted for here since it concerns a kitchen "gadget".

While working on dinner last night, I was heating up a jar of cheese sauce (lid off) in the microwave, only to hear a "whomp!". :th

So I start looking around (not far to look in a 22' camper) only to see cheddar cheese sauce dripping down the inside of the glass window on the door. I make the two steps to the 'wave and get it turned off and was relieved to see it was only the sauce that exploded and not the jar.

Now we've been doing this about once a month and have never had this problem before.

My question is what is the best way to clean the sauce out of the inside vents (not sure if that's what their called but it's the section up near the top on the outer/end walls).

It's okay to laugh...I'm finally there! :gig

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not sure. Those vent holes in mine are tiny. Guess I would start with general wiping down and then maybe a q tip? Or toothpick to get as much as you can from out of the holes?

My microwave did something similar with gravy once. Just splattered the walls a bit though. Heated up gravy before and after with no probs.

Good luck!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
tiny nachos?

Seriously, that just stinks. Maybe a toothbrush?

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I clean my microwave by placing a bowl of water with lemon juice and baking soda in and nuking for about 3 minutes. It creates steam and that always seems to cause drips from the vent holes. I then use the mixture to wipe down everything...once it cools off a little!

If that doesn't work the tiny nachos seems the next reasonable approach! ;)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! :hugs

I'd gotten the worst of the cheese cleaned up last night but the vents had me worried.

Love the tiny nachos idea! thanks for the laugh, FJ! :gig

Did the steam clean, worked like a charm! Thanks, yb! :hugs

Latest posts