Cheeseburger Salad

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Cheeseburger Salad

This was a very popular recipe at the private school. It is a big hit with adults and children alike.

Have enough of the following ingredients for the number of people being served. Anything you like on a cheeseburger will work in this salad.

Ground beef, cooked and drained
Mixed greens (Lettuce/Romaine/Spinach or whatever you like)
Chopped tomatoes
Variety of cheeses - Colby, Swiss, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Bleu
Chopped onions
Ranch dressing
Dill and/or Bread & Butter pickles

Mix all ingredients together, except pickles. Serve with fries, tortillas, pretzels, or bread. Serve pickles on the side.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If you skip those starchy side dishes, this is also a very popular recipes with low carbers.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can make a pizza salad by putting pizza toppings on salad greens (also popular with low carbers.) A good dressing is equal parts oil & vinegar seasoned with italian seasoning, lemon pepper & seasoning salt.

I'm gonna try the cheeseburger variety for sure. (pizza toppings can be expensive! LOL)

Cassandra

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Gee, that sounds really tasty, I bet it would go over really well with DH and kids -- will have to remember it when we start getting lettuce again in the spring!! Thanks for posting that.

Anyone have a good recipe for ranch type dressing, i.e. MAKING it and not using bottled?

Pat

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
If you skip those starchy side dishes, this is also a very popular recipes with low carbers.
I made this for school age children at the private school where I used to work. The state requires children at elementary school age to be served grains/breads 3 times a day. I just posted my recipe as I used it for that situation.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah...the gooberment does require lots and lots of grains. (And my mom wondered how I got fat...LOL)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Anyone have a good recipe for ranch type dressing, i.e. MAKING it and not using bottled? Pat
BUTTERMILK RANCH DRESSING & DIP MIX

Stir together the following ingredients, and store them in an airtight jar:

1 1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 Tbsp. each chives, pepper, and garlic powder
1/4 Tbsp. each tarragon and oregano
1 Tbsp. salt

Recipes to attach:
To prepare dressing:
Add to 1 Tbsp. Mix, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup buttermilk. Whisk together and chill 1 hour before serving.

To make dip:
Makes 2 cups. Add 2 Tbsp. mix to 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup sour cream. Stir and chill for 4 hours before serving.

ByHisGrace

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Cheeseburger Salad reminds me of a recipe I make called Taco Salad:

1 lb. cooked ground meat (beef, deer, turkey, etc.) seasoned like taco meat
add:
shredded lettuce - at least 1/2 a head of iceburg
shredded cheddar - about 1 cup
crushed Doritos (nacho cheese flavor or cool ranch, which is my fav.) - about 1/2 bag
prepared ranch dressing to taste

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!

I'm gonna try the Cheeseburger Salad. I'm a sucker for a real cheeseburger... this could be my "diet" cheeseburger since there is no bun ;)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
This is what I love about posting recipes. I post one and get 2 in return! Cool Beans! :D