Chicken coop and run

vickie2133

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I think this is the nicest little coop. I may be making my own like it soon, trying to get a few more ideas.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't have a pic. but I made my coop on the inside of a very large garden shed. To divide off the coop area I used discarded windows, screens and scrap wood. All I had to buy was screws and a heavy duty tarp for the floor. The run I made w/used fencing I got from CL for $15 and had lots left over!. I did buy the posts, but it was late Oct. and I had less than a week before the chickens came! (They were unexpected freebies). Total coast was less than $50. Then I made a 10 compartment nest box for less than $30. I knew when I started I would want about 20 chickens so I made it big enough from the start.
However! Surprise! :epI am having a great number of request for eggs at $2.50 for small/med./lg. mixed; $3.00 lg./extra Lg. mix. and $3.50 for jumbos! .... I need more chickens! :barnie I'm hoping to double the size of the coop with what I have and the left overs from the first project.

Warning!: When it come to chickens... you never have enough! :hu :hide :p

nuts4hotwheels

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
JRmom said:
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I do have a question. How do you find out what the county allows, regarding "farm" animals? I have searched online numerous times, but can find nothing about what is allowable in my county.
I know that this thread is a year old, but here is your answer.

I actually emailed the head of the animal control in my town and asked. He sent a link to the exact ordinance that pertained to me and answered any other question. He was very helpful.

WdKelln

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
great looking coop and nice repurposing to. Your hens should be comfy!