Chicken Doorstop!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Fast, cheap and easy to make!

3685_chicken_1.jpg

And you can eat the rice in it if needed!

Here's the link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/apr/07/chicken-doorstop-easter-present-how-to-make

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is cute!

From the title, I thought it was going to be like my chicken speed bumps and chicken people trippers. Some of my girls are fat enough, they could be door stops for hanger doors. Silly things stealing the silkies food.

HMMM. I do need a doorstop for the back door. And since that is easy, I wouldn't get that upset if one of the dogs ate it.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I really like that! I had to leave my chickens and roo in CA. I miss having them. I will have to get my scraps out to make a few.

Monica

MuranoFarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So cute! Thanks for sharing...I'll have to make a few!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
You all are welcomed! The eyes are supposed to be buttons but my hands fall asleep too fst to sew them on. I finally got mad and drew them on with a magic marker.:barnie I went looking for the buttoneers (remember them from the late '60s?) and they have them on ebay (of course). Think I will check Walmart for a newer version of them first. The sewing together part goes real fast and I now know I should have put 3# of rice in them, not 2.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Those are so cute! I wonder how I'm going to convince the dog that they are NOT his new toy :p

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love it, snap! Thanks for posting! :hugs

My fiirst thought was making it a cow, for my sis...second thought was her dogs eating it! :gig Glad to see I wasn't the only one with that thought! :D

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm a bit late joining the party, but there's a thought for next year. I like it. :thumbsup
(And yours is very cute too)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Those are so cute! I wonder how I'm going to convince the dog that they are NOT his new toy :p
X2
no way I can have that on the floor. little dog would hump it and destroy it :) very cute tho!!