Chicken People should read this

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think we should also consider the source of this, State Veterinarian Dr. Bob Ehlenfeldt. Wasn't he an advocate of NAIS and a part of the Wisconsin Livestock ID Constortium? Sorry, but in my opinion this guy seems a little too for corporate control of our food.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I am at more risk of catching a disease from my cats or the neighbor's dogs. If individuals having animals is such a risk will cats and dogs be outlawed too? No, it will just be the poultry owners because big ag doesn't like you and me being able to produce our own food.

Gvmnt allows factory farms to run they way they do for a reason. Anything that threatens that model will be squashed like a bug. Health doesn't have a darn thing to do with it. It's all about power, money and control.

People being independent and self sufficient is an enormous threat to them.
i just talked to a buddy who is in Wa DC right now talking with senators and he said that they arent listening to the People and they want everyone dependent on the govt.

that was a strong statement for this guy. i'm seeing him on Friday and cant wait to hear what happened.

for my part i told him to "give them boys hell"
;-)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
All these new laws and regulations are about squashing independent people and independent businesses. It's being going on for decades, it has just really accelerated recently.

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you. Dong le ma?" - Cpt Reynolds

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
well, time to break out the arsenal....they get my chickens over my cold dead body!

or my cow, my goats, my garden....etc etc etc

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
There's a reason why I don't like being licked by a dog. I know where its mouth has been...
I KNOW where my dog's mouth has been. :sick No doggie "kisses" in this house!

:gig

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
well, time to break out the arsenal....they get my chickens over my cold dead body!

From the person who was so recently ready and willing to throw the towel in on chicken farming. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Quail_Antwerp said:

From the person who was so recently ready and willing to throw the towel in on chicken farming. :D
It's one thing to be willing to throw the towel in on chicken farming, another thing entirely when someone else wants to force it you to throw in the towel ;)

Makes me want to add about 20 more coops and 10 more breeds............

:hide

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
People just need to leave my chickens alone.

If everyone runs around in a paranoid state because omg they might get sick from a pet chicken, but then they kiss their dog who licks its own butt................
That's my sister who is like that, saying chickens are filthy, stinking, nasty birds, but........swears up and down that a dog's mouth is WAY cleaner than a person's mouth, and then allows her dogs lick her all over her mouth........if she only knew what her own dogs ate outside. Yes, I've learned to keep my mouth shut - she won't listen to me.

She also swears that a brown egg has more chloresterol than a white egg.
She doesn't believe me when I tell her that chicken eggs also come in the colors of pink, shades of green, and shades of blue. She believes they only come in 2 - white and brown.