Chicken People should read this

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
country freedom said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
People just need to leave my chickens alone.

If everyone runs around in a paranoid state because omg they might get sick from a pet chicken, but then they kiss their dog who licks its own butt................
That's my sister who is like that, saying chickens are filthy, stinking, nasty birds, but........swears up and down that a dog's mouth is WAY cleaner than a person's mouth, and then allows her dogs lick her all over her mouth........if she only knew what her own dogs ate outside. Yes, I've learned to keep my mouth shut - she won't listen to me.

She also swears that a brown egg has more chloresterol than a white egg.
She doesn't believe me when I tell her that chicken eggs also come in the colors of pink, shades of green, and shades of blue. She believes they only come in 2 - white and brown.
I don't know how anyone could stand having a dog lick them on the mouth...ewwww! If she doesn't believe there are blue eggs, she needs to see my Americauna's eggs!

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yup, blue eggs are especially high in helium, which, as we all know, we need, or our heads would not stay above our shoulders.

Pink eggs have extra estrogen in them. Men should not eat them or they will have to wear a bra.

Very dark brown eggs not only are higher in cholesterol, they contain a substance that increases the melatonin in your skin. This is why farmgirls frequently have freckles, and why all the men on the farm have dark skin only on their arms and above their collar line.

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
Yup, blue eggs are especially high in helium, which, as we all know, we need, or our heads would not stay above our shoulders.

Pink eggs have extra estrogen in them. Men should not eat them or they will have to wear a bra.

Very dark brown eggs not only are higher in cholesterol, they contain a substance that increases the melatonin in your skin. This is why farmgirls frequently have freckles, and why all the men on the farm have dark skin only on their arms and above their collar line.
HAHAHAHA These are so good, maybe I should use these on my sister, she just might believe me! HAHAHA

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I forgot green eggs. They are eggs that sat a little too long under the hen before they were collected...

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Laura - I laughed out loud at your post. My wife, who never even looks at a computer, came in the room to see what I was doing. She enjoyed it too.

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lwheelr said:

:gig

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I though quail eggs gave you freckles. After all, they are speckled...

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think quail eggs give you vitiligo. You know, that skin disease where the melatonin is absent in some places, too heavy in others?