Chicken processing setup score!

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And Buster scores again. Got this setup on Sunday for $900. Not a great price, but it will look good at my place and certainly do the job. Besides, it came from one of the sustainable broiler pioneers of Oklahoma, so it has a strong legacy and will be put to good use.

Pickwick plucker ($8,885 retail) with professional turkey size scalder ($2,295 retail) in the background, along with two turkey frier type scalders in the far back.

Big, professional style, four person evisceration table with all the fixins... except her moron sons and grandson ripped off half the fixins to get it through the door, rather than use a wrench. Easy enough to fix, though. Retail $2,495. Very nice.

Awesome kill cabinet that can hold 20 birds at a time and uses shackles rather than kill cones. Cabinet $2,850 retail, shackles $95 each.

And a 200 gallon chill tank and other assorted processing materials.

I now have two complete processing systems, enough for my home, and enough to build a mobile processing unit to share with friends. Not bad for a day's work. :)

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know its wrong but dang am I jealous. Thats awesome. Congrats.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Go look in the mirror right now and tell the person you see there, "You are brilliant, smart and so darn lucky to find such a unbelieveable fantastic buy of a lifetime like this!" Then you can reach around and pat yourself on the back. well done. :thumbsup

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now for a sour note, It is only a good deal if you USE it! You are getting to the size that will require USDA inspection.~gd

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A most awesome score, Buster!!! :bow

Doc and I are looking into a stainless steel "table" with double sinks, for future butchering and we're not finding anything for less than $425.00, and that is used with a ding here and a dent there. :rolleyes:

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. I went up to Norman expecting to find some old junk for the price she was asking. Almost didn't even go. But SO pleased we did. This will make our system so much more professional looking. My current setup, I'm okay with customers coming to check out our setup. With this one, I will be downright proud.

Plus it will make the job so much easier for us and safer for the public.

And gd, I know this stuff looks big time, but I'm allowed 1,000 birds free of inspection, and at 220 so far for the year I'm a long way from that. It isn't the size of the equipment that matters, but the amount of work.

:)

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
awsome score buster!!! i'd eat ramien noodles and 'lony meat for a few weeks to pull off that one. as dawn mentoned ss prices around here are kinda high even at our fave salvage yard.

doc

Latest posts