Chickens!!

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMG_3346.JPG
Here's the frog!

I would have posted a pic of the wound when he bit me, but that would be quite graphic for some users :sick don't you think @sumi?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We're pretty open-minded here with wounds and pics etc…

Love the frog! lol

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We're pretty open-minded here with wounds and pics etc…

Love the frog! lol

Haha I know! :lol:

I don't wanna risk getting banned so I'm just gonna say that it was BAD!
(Ketchup included, no mayonnaise though :lol:)

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love my birds. I don't tolerate aggression. Only broodies being protective get a pass

Here are the causes that get a pass to me:
Broodies & moodies :lol:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I have a hen here that went broody on another hen's chicks, after she let them go (they were about 8 weeks old already). She is fierce over those youngsters and takes bites out of me every other day. I know broodies and moodies, but that girl is nuts-nuts!

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a hen here that went broody on another hen's chicks, after she let them go (they were about 8 weeks old already). She is fierce over those youngsters and takes bites out of me every other day. I know broodies and moodies, but that girl is nuts-nuts!

Lol! That gotta hurt!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used to have an old hen that would steal all the chicks. If they would leave their moms she pecked them in the head and killed them. Other moms were no match for her. I gave her and the 25 chicks she managed to steal to my neighbor so they could get a flock that would survive. With her and my meanest rooster I knew they would have a flock that would survive and they did. They told me they named her 'The b!tch from hell'.