Children's Garden

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, we're getting ready to get our children's garden together. I asked them all what they wanted to put into it. They have a rather large raised bed that the four of them share. Last year we seperated it so they could do their own thing. This year they all want to plant watermelon, which makes it easier. Well, all except two. DD1 also wants to plant some carrots in her's and DS2 also wants to plant three dandelions in his garden! :lol: Gotta love a kid that knows what weeds taste good.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
That is awesome! :gig

Do they take care of their own gardens? My guy is 3 yrs old and it is HIS garden, even though he doesn't do any work and the garden fence it mostly to keep him out! :gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
tortoise said:
That is awesome! :gig

Do they take care of their own gardens? My guy is 3 yrs old and it is HIS garden, even though he doesn't do any work and the garden fence it mostly to keep him out! :gig
:yuckyuck

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is awesome! My ds wants to plant grapes and train them over an arbor so he can sit underneath it and read his book and just reach up and pick grapes to eat. :lol:

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
That is awesome! My ds wants to plant grapes and train them over an arbor so he can sit underneath it and read his book and just reach up and pick grapes to eat. :lol:
Smart kid! yummy fresh grapes :drool

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My kids start out all gung-ho, but by the end of summer aren't so thrilled with taking care of their gardens. I think they've figured out that we pay them to pull weeds out of the big garden, but we don't pay them to pull weeds out of theirs. Oh, and they also really like to go on mole hunts. Mole hunts take up most of the summer. We pay $5 per mole which is big time money. Of course, they have yet to catch one. Snakes they catch in abundance though. ;)