Chocolate covered strawberries, minus the sugar.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've been eating tons of these lately. They're easy-peasy to make.
I just melt some chunks of unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler, add liquid stevia to taste, and dip the berries. I put them on parchment paper and pop them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden the chocolate.

Strawberries have been on sale at the store, obviously :p

Anyone have any other fun desserts that don't involve carb death?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yum!!!!! These would go nicely with the Chocolate Black Bean Cake!!

I used to make meringues (sp?) by whipping egg whites sweetened with a bit of stevia and vanilla. They can also be flavored with cocoa powder and stevia. Then drop by spoonfuls or pipe onto greased cookie sheets (did I grease the sheets? Or not? Can't remember!) and bake....dry, really....in a warm oven. Must be made on a dry day and eaten before it gets humid. Delightfully crispy and delicate! I need to make these again.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Occam, one word...YUM!!!!!!

Free, are we going to have to do a black bean chocolate cake intervention on ya hon?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I swear every other word you type is "black bean chocolate cake"!! :gig :hugs

It was good wasn't it?? :p I wish it was my original idea. I was just a copy cat. :p

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ooh, free, those meringues sound amazing!

I've been meaning to try the black bean chocolate cake. I'm not going to tell Josh what he's eating until after he says he likes it ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Occam, one word...YUM!!!!!!

Free, are we going to have to do a black bean chocolate cake intervention on ya hon?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I swear every other word you type is "black bean chocolate cake"!! :gig :hugs
Don't you DARE do a bbcc intervention on me! BACK OFF, LADY! :plbb

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
My 19 yr olds, boyfriend's mother (get it?) is 'health oriented' but in the low fat, only eat egg whites way.....so I try to be delicate when sharing info with her because I want to shed light on some new ideas, but I do not want to give her the impression that I think her way is wrong.

We turned them on to Food Inc and they ahve made some positive changes :woot

Anywho....she was telling DD about this great brownie recipe that 'didn't even use flour!'....DD rolled her eyes and says 'my mom is obsessed with that recipe' .....the other mom was a little bummed, she thought she had something great to share. It IS something great to share though. :thumbsup

I still think sliced berries and freshly whipped cream with a splash of chambourd would please the pickiest pallet! Sadly Chambourd is not in the liquor cabinet nor in the thin budget right now.