Chocolate (pan)cakes

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wanted something to kill a sweet-tooth, I was suffering from a few days ago and was thinking about cake....chocolate cake, that is. Guess I was full of inspiration because I decided to just put my basic scratch pancake recipe together, using an egg, vanilla, cup of self-rising flour and milk, but I also added about 1/2 cup of sugar, and a few TBLS cocco and a hit of vegetable oil, then made a few flat cakes, while I put together the smallest batch of homemade frosting, I made in a cereal bowl to spread over each little cake. Actually, I only used a cereal bowl to make the batter as well. Didn't even pull out a mixer.....mixed with a fork. Fast and did the trick. Think I might do it again.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Banana would be awesome. Kinda like my families favorite birthday cake. I have bananas growing along the canal behind my house. Its a good privacy screen and serves a function as well, but alas....some of the family doesn't like the firm consistancy of our own bananas.
I normally make banana fritters, which is really almost the same as pancakes.....but cooked different and extra greasy. Plus it messes up my oil. I've made a few wild pancakes in my life. Seems like I recall making a few with bananas. Only negative thing, that comes to mind was turning may have been slightly harder.

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh, I knew I shouldn't have read this post!!! Now how am I going to get it out of my head? :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm wondering how I missed this thread B4. Now I'm thinking I'm going to have to make some chocolate pancakes soon. :drool

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its a fast, easy thing and not a big clean-up. If you afraid to eat a whole cake in a day or 2, then you just mix the smallest batter you can....I'm talking less than a cup of flour and just a hit of the other ingredients. And think about it.....a pancake is done in like 3 to 5 minutes. Compare that to a cake in the oven, heating up your kitchen on these hot summer days. I'm trying not to starch myself out. But if I want cake, looks like a quick fix is better than pulling out a recipe, calling for ingredients that will feed 10 people. Believe me, I WILL eat more than one person's share.