Christmas Balls!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
These just sound so yummy that I wanted to share and I hope to make some this weekend!

Christmas Balls

1 8oz. brick of cream cheese (can use low fat)
1 T. Crisco
1 bag Oreos
6 white chocolate bars

Combine Oreos and cream cheese in a blender and blend until fine (or crush and blend by hand in a bowl if you prefer). Roll mixture into balls approx. 1" each and put on wax paper. Freeze 4 hours or overnight in a Tupperware container. Melt Crisco and white chocolate in a double boiler until creamy but not runny. Dip each ball into the chocolate/Crisco mixture using a toothpick. Put them on wax paper and freeze overnight. Serve chilled. Can top with sprinkles or other edible Christmas decoration while they are still warm, if you want.

Do you have a favorite Christmas recipe to share that is easy?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Here is another one!

Cake Balls!

Ingredients.

One box cake mix any flavor.
One can of frosting any flavor.
Candy Bark coating.

Directions.

1.) Bake the cake according to the directions on the box. (we bake it in a 13x9 pan) allow it to cool completely.

2.) When cake is completely cool, crumble it into cake crumbs. You do not want any large pieces left.

3.) add approx half of the container of frosting to the cake crumbs. Work it together until it is a molding clay-like consistency. (add more frosting if needed)

4.) Roll your cake-clay into approx 1 inch balls. Chill.

5.) Melt your candy bark coating.

6.) roll each chilled cake ball into the melted candy coating, set on parchment or wax paper to set up

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Sure am glad this was in the recipe section because for a minute there I thought you misposted. I refuse to tell you what all rolled thru my head all of which would have been more appropriate for the JOKES section.

Grandson is here so we will be baking cookies tomorrow. I may try those Christmas Balls.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
2dream said:
Sure am glad this was in the recipe section because for a minute there I thought you misposted. I refuse to tell you what all rolled thru my head all of which would have been more appropriate for the JOKES section.

Grandson is here so we will be baking cookies tomorrow. I may try those Christmas Balls.
I thought the same thing...but I did not come up with the recipe or the name of them so I didn't figure I had the right to change the name!!

I picked some mint chocolate melts today to put on the top!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
2dream said:
I am right there with you W. . . I invisioned a really fancy holiday um, well, dress up I guess is the most appropriate description.
Whoa baby let's get festive :gig

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
DH picked me up oreo's and cream cheese on his way home from work so they are mixed up and in the fridge to set up. I will dip them in chocolate tomorrow. The dough was probably a little stickier than it should have been....but, I guess that is to be expected when you have 5 kiddos grabbing at the oreos as soon as you open the bag!!!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Let me know how those turn out. I did not get to make any today. Way to busy, my day just got away from me.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
2dream said:
Let me know how those turn out. I did not get to make any today. Way to busy, my day just got away from me.
These were super yummy and my kiddos inhaled them!! I think they would have been even better if they had the WHOLE bag of oreos in the mix!! I think I was 10 oreos short in my mix! The kiddos were grabbing them just as fast as they could before I could get them in the mixing bowl!:rolleyes:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Lemon Cake mix cookies.
Lemon cake mix, 1 egg, container of cool whip...mix...make balls, roll into powdered sugar...bake.

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Coconut Bon Bons are made with only 5 ingredients.

21 oz coconut
1 lb powdered sugar
1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
12 oz of almond or chocolate bark

Melt oleo or butter, add milk and sugar, vanilla and coconut. mix well, refrigerate overnight. Roll balls the size of a small walnut. Dip in melted bark and place on wax paper untill set.

Preparation time: 8 minutes

Latest posts