Cleaning Chicken Poo From Wood Furniture - Desparately Need Help.

kuntrygirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Can someone please help me? I hope that this is in the right section. I had about 15 chickens (2 mama hens and 13 babies) in my spare room due to setting, hatching, etc. I tried as best as I could to keep up with the cleaning but it got out of hand. Now, I am faced with dried up chicken poo on my wood furniture in the room and it is not coming off. Can anyone tell me what home made products or otherwise I can use to clean my hard wood furniture. I'm so frustrated, I'm ready to make a bon fire and burn it. Please help if you can. Thanks!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
If you are taking about dried chicken poo, then yumight need to rehydrate it, as in wet it thoroughly and then wipe it off. Or you could take a putty knife and scrape it off. Neither will be kind to your furniture, but then, there would be a stain from the poo anyways. chicken poo is very strong.

Good luck.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would place a damp rag over the poo and let it set there for awhile to moisten the poo, and then wipe off. Once the poo is off, dry the furniture with a dry rag.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If the furniture is varnished, (or some kind of shiny finish) try a product with an oily base.
'Goo-gone' (I think that's the correct name) or even a lemon oil for rejuvenating furniture will loosen the poo but not damage the wood.
Apply, let it soak, wipe. You may have to do it a few times.

If it's bare wood, moisten it, use a plastic scraper for the big stuff, a scrubby sponge for the residue.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:sick

hope you can get it all cleaned up.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I used a scraper and then put some olive oil on the spot. It did leave a small mark, so I ended up putting some Old English scratch cover over the spot. Good luck!