Clicking on Links...

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Dear Mods,

Is there any way to change the way a link opens when you click on it? The link currently loads in the page SS is in, so I lose SS. Is there a way to make the links open in a new tab or page without having to right click and choose "open in new tab?" Thanks! :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If you right-click on a link it should give you the option to open a new window or tab. If you are using a mac, you click while holding down the apple key.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
If you right-click on a link it should give you the option to open a new window or tab. If you are using a mac, you click while holding down the apple key.
Thanks. I have been doing the right click thing, but I'm super lazy and don't want to have to do that. :lol:

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That's pretty lazy! :lol:

You could do what I do. I have a scrolling mouse for both the laptop and desktop comps- just push down on the wheel and it opens the link in another tab.

Really, Katie......... :gig I could have sworn I was lazier than you - now I KNOW it! :p

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
That's pretty lazy! :lol:

You could do what I do. I have a scrolling mouse for both the laptop and desktop comps- just push down on the wheel and it opens the link in another tab.

Really, Katie......... :gig I could have sworn I was lazier than you - now I KNOW it! :p
I know, that is definitely lazy. :lol:

And OMG I just tried clicking the scrolling button. You're my hero!!! :ya

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:lol: I soooo wish I'd met you when I was up that way. Not sure Bec even knew you then!

The 3 of us could have lolled around, sipping whatever, watching horses watching us.............

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
:lol: I soooo wish I'd met you when I was up that way. Not sure Bec even knew you then!

The 3 of us could have lolled around, sipping whatever, watching horses watching us.............
Wait a minute...who are you? :lol: Are you on my FB friends list?

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Most browsers have a setting to open all links in a new window. There are also plugins for some browsers that let you have even more options for what local and offsite links do.

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
ranchhand said:

Wait a minute...who are you? :lol: Are you on my FB friends list?
I am indeed. I'll PM you with the details. :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
Wifezilla said:
Thanks. I have been doing the right click thing, but I'm super lazy and don't want to have to do that. :lol:
:th