Clothes line....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have no trouble letting the neighbors know I wear leopard print panties and lacy bras. Of course they would have to climb the side of the fence to see them :gig

I am betting abi causes car wrecks on the street outside her apartment. We should look up the crash stats!!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:gig

I don't have anything fancy. :tongue

But I refuse to ruin bras by machine washing or drying lol.

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I only machine wash my bras... I do hang those to dry.... but they hang over the washer... LOL

The house that I REALLY want to buy appears to be out in the middle of nowhere... so I guess it wouldn't be too terrible... :p

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dry clothes for 5 minutes or so in the dryer with a couple of dry towels, then hang to finish drying. They aren't so stiff then. Well, except for towels, I still like them from the dryer better.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bored so I was reading thru old topics that I thought might interest me, so ya'll forgive me, but I love my clothes to be stiff. I hang them on hangers right from the line and fold the towels. Believe me, when I put them on, they lose the crunch real quick. They can't walk around the house without loosening up. And when I'm drying myself, I like the scratching and the smell of the outdoors. You can be as skimpy as you want on your detergent if you line dry, because even if you were super cheap about your choice of detergent it will still have that line fresh smell......looks like if you went expensive you just wasted your money.
Now about the unmentionables being on the line. Well I just use one pen and don't spread it out. Once, years ago, when I must have been about 15 months pregnant, my MIL fussed DH and told him to hang my clothes and give me a break......oh he did alright, but it was humiliating. He had my panties spread out and flapping in the wind, when I must have had a 50 inch waist line. FIL asked him if he was hanging out a trawl. I had to run around concealing my unmentionables anyway. Help like that, I could do without.
I read in a solar energy book that everytime you don't use a gas dryer, you save 50 cents + another 50 cents saved to not cool off what you have just heated......so when I put myself thru the trouble of line drying, I sometimes hunt up a dollar and put it in my emergency funds. A penny saved, is a penny earned. I use my dryer if I'm desparate to finish my work and it happens to be night time or its raining....otherwise I really just like to use my clothes line.
In fact, I'm so proud of the way DH constructed it, I wish I knew how to post pics, cuz I'd certainly share it. Well, if I don't have unmentionables on it, that is.

Latest posts