Clover Seed

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Where can I order clover seed and which variety would you reccommend? I'm going to be planting a new area with berry bushes and would like to plant clover around them and in the walkways as a ground cover and also to feed my bees next year (when I get them).

-Rachel

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go w/white clover. It doesn't get as tall as others, so you shouldn't have to mow as much. Do you have a good, farm supply store in the area? If so, check and see if they carry it. I know they have it in a store around here.

John_henry

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'd agree with Denim Deb and go with white clover. You should be able to get seed easily.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bees will usually only go to red clover if there is nothing else around in bloom. They always prefer "sweet" clovers both yellow (Melitotus officinalis) and white (Melitotus alba) but the sweet clovers grow very tall compared to the low growing white clover (Trifolium repens) in our lawns. All clovers and are considered invasive. I have about one acre of low white clover and along the lake and woods I have lots of sweet clover. My bees always prefer the tall stuff. I hope this helps.

FarmerPaul

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
We get it at our local feed store, but sometimes they are out and we get it on-line at Sustainable Seed Co.

Latest posts