Cob homes

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Cob coop it is! The hay around here is close to 100 lbs each!

I already know where I'm going to put it!! :weee That is the one good thing about having to wait to build something. The place I wanted my coop last year is really too wet during the rainy season. It took a whole year of living here and watching where the water drains to figure that out. Pays to not have the money to be impulsive, eh?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
OMG I am soooo glad I looked at this thread, and all the links....I've made up my mind that this will be the house I build on my homestead!!! I spent 2 days looking at it all, reading, looking at pics, etc, not to mention talking extensively with DH and THIS IS IT!!!! Green, economical, and so free form, not to mention the energy efficiency....holy smokes how could you not???

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
OMG I am soooo glad I looked at this thread, and all the links....I've made up my mind that this will be the house I build on my homestead!!! I spent 2 days looking at it all, reading, looking at pics, etc, not to mention talking extensively with DH and THIS IS IT!!!! Green, economical, and so free form, not to mention the energy efficiency....holy smokes how could you not???
Take lots of pics along the way, so we can learn while you're making your home.