coconut products question

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I could of course do a whole buncha research myself but youse guys probably already HAVE so I will just ask you:

Are there any supermarket-type coconut products to AVOID, on the basis of the coconut oil being fully or partially hydrogenated. I don't mean things like commercially-baked cookies, I mean actual *ingredients* that you would cook with at home, like desiccated coconut or canned coconut milk or boxed 'cream of coconut'.

Thanks,

Pat

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I read somewhere that as far as oils go, coconut could go through and atomic bomb and come out the same exact way on the other end. It was a link BBrooks gave, where is she? :p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I buy extra virgin coconut oil for cooking and eating. I buy coconut cream for curries, or for a dairy substitute. I just read the label and avoid added sugars. Faraon brand coconut cream doesn't have a lot of junk added.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
I read somewhere that as far as oils go, coconut could go through and atomic bomb and come out the same exact way on the other end. It was a link BBrooks gave, where is she? :p
Not me :idunno

In a raw state it is anti bacterial/fungul/viral, so extremely good for you.
I do know that excessive intake of it will upset the bacteria in the gut, requiring probitics.

OH! I know what you were talking about!
If you have an upset gut and eat some raw, it will cause pain and fast cleansing!
Took me a minute to realize what you were talking about :lol: