cod liver oil help!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not going to search around google for this, I have a massive headache and feel like poo poo.

This is day 6 of me being sick, herbal tinctures and vits didn't help so I got codeine cough syrup and amoxicillin at the docs. He said cod liver oil was fine to take along w/, as someone mentioned taking 1000mgs over "normal" to kick colds.

So what should be my normal dose? I just got them today. I took 1170 mgs according to the bottle, they are 390 mgs per capsule. So how much more should I take?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
I'm not going to search around google for this, I have a massive headache and feel like poo poo.

This is day 6 of me being sick, herbal tinctures and vits didn't help so I got codeine cough syrup and amoxicillin at the docs. He said cod liver oil was fine to take along w/, as someone mentioned taking 1000mgs over "normal" to kick colds.

So what should be my normal dose? I just got them today. I took 1170 mgs according to the bottle, they are 390 mgs per capsule. So how much more should I take?
What brand are you taking?
The "store brands" are processed and generally contain synthetics, so it will help to know which one :)

With the raw, a dose of 5,000 A and 500 D is normal.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Carlson norwegian cod liver oil.

The A is 3750 IU
D is 400 IU

That's with suggested use which I took.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Carlson norwegian cod liver oil.

The A is 3750 IU
D is 400 IU

That's with suggested use which I took.
Do not go too high on this brand, as it contains too many synthetics.
You will be fine finishing out this bottle, but read this http://onibasu.com/blog/2005/04/cod-liver-oil-murky-contents.html
for the future.
Links are included, and the reports are fully backed up.
Carlsons contains soy oil, amongst many other additives :(
When you feel up to it, check out the link in my siggie.
I don't sell it, but, we have used the other brands to compare, and we have seen the difference.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ew seriously?? Ugh. I know I should have gotten some a long time ago, just didn't and now I'm sick and don't have time to wait :/ boo, hiss.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Ew seriously?? Ugh. I know I should have gotten some a long time ago, just didn't and now I'm sick and don't have time to wait :/ boo, hiss.
Don't stress out too much.
Finish out this bottle, or, whatever is left when you are well, can be given in small doses to your animals.
Then move on to the good stuff.
It looks pricey, but its a 6 month supply at the single dosage!