Coffee Ground Uses

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yes, Starbucks gives them free on a first come first served basis. This is good because I have competition for them in my neck of the woods and one day I beat a regular out! :lol:

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I call ahead and ask if they have them in before I drive over. Sometimes they will say that they have them in a small trash bag and they just have to bag them up and to come on in, I just tell them to leave them in the trashbag and I will take it all and they are happy to not have to shovel it into those smaller bags.
A good time to get them is after the morning coffee rush, people on the way to work and all that, or weekend mornings.
I find weekdays are the easiest to get them since most people are asking for them on the weekends because alot of people do yardwork on their days off.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah...they put them in a bucket in 5 lb bags out where people can grab them.

Home Maker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Interesting topic; thanks for posting.

I have always put them in my compost, but I think I will start saving them out for more specific uses, especially keeping slugs away. That commercial slug bait is deadly for pets.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Here they always go into the compost with the filter! But when we go up north I use a stove top percolator & no filter in it so I empty the grounds onto & around the ant dens, that are close to our trailer, hoping to drive them farther away from that area. I have never found an ant in the trailer either so it must be working. I have 2 tires up there that I bury the compost into the ground under them to hopefully be able to plant some flowers in when I start spending more time up there & that area will be all ready to go for me.