Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Think of the screams this way, you won’t sleep through them which means you can sleep with safety that you WILL be woken up if needed.
That’s true, but he was fine from all I could tell. Just a little burpy. He was sleeping peacefully in his bassinet and just started screaming.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It’s getting cold (for me) out. Supposed to have a winter storm hitting today. I already have three goats shivering and it’s not even below freezing just yet. Mist started and wind is definitely cold.
I put out fresh hay, shelters are as good as they can be, new bag of corn out, straw in the shelters. I’ve got at least three strong broody hens right now and some that might break with this cold, so I tossed a bunch of hay in my small coop for some of them. I also strawed the other two where they sit. Hopefully they’ll make it. Best I can do for them but I hope my goats are okay through this.
For the family though I’m going to be cooking meat in case power goes out. We don’t have a fireplace so the only cooking would be on the grill, outside. No thanks if possible. Hopefully it stays on though!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
spent the last 2 hours helping my oldest search and apply for college scholarships, I didn't even know there were ones out there for Juniors!!! She has 10 in the books and about 8 more on her list to get done by Feb. and then a list a mile long for once she is at senior status.

She found her college--private Christian non-denomination college about 45 min away. So happy! (I went to a Catholic college a long time ago and loved it)