Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not liking the rotation in this one, not liking the sound of tornado sirens in the distance to the west of us. Not liking how huge it is either. Praying for it to break up, loose power and not touch down.
IMG_20210712_201908265~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That photo is eerie. Praying for your safety.
We had a powerhouse blow through Saturday early evening. Horizonal sheets of rain. It came in almost directly from the west. Positive though, garden is watered and in good shape, plus the pond is full again. 👍

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been busy with little granddaughters. 14 year old staying at a friends house. Their parents are in Italy. Been to movies twice, spent one morning riding Pearl the horse. Yesterday we went to a water park, stayed 4 hours. Girls sure slept good. Today we went to city park that has a splash pad. They ran wild and had fun. We got the easy part-watching. LOL Going to visit friends tomorrow and ride Pearl again Friday. We’ll pick up 14 year old, Saturday meet their parents and return their girls and 3 dogs to them. See y’all later!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Please continue to pray for South Africa and Cuba. Please add France, Italy, Greece, Germany, United Kingdom & Canada.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy Thirsty Thursday Evening,

a double bagger, I had the WORST dentist appointment EVER in my life time,

IMG_0044.JPG
Haven't been getting good luck with the dentists either...... my mouth is currently at peace though.... so.... maybe it is all good.

I hope your mouth quiets down. Mouth pain sure is aggravating.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have used some chips, but don't use them currently b/c they are so hard for me to source. I do put all of my used bedding (leaves and hay) from the coop into the run to finish composting. Add weeds, grass clippings, extra hay, and if I had access to aged chips would LOVE to put down a 6" layer of chips. It's taken a few years, but my run (500 s.f.) has now built up to about a 6" deep layer of compost. Much of it is compacted, but the birds have some nice loose stuff for their dust baths. One area that is protected from rain is their "winter sun-room". They can enjoy the shelter and loose mulch in that area even in the dead of winter. One warning: green chips can harbor lethal mold spores. Never use green chips in a coop or small run for that reason.