Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Also, @CrealCritter ... You want to breed for when the calf is going to be born... Unless you are prepared to deal with the winter... do not breed until June for a calf the following March... If you breed in the spring you are looking at a Dec or Jan calf... NOT advisable except in some of the southern states to help with reduced fly and worm populations. There is nothing worse than a calf born in Dec or Jan in a -20 * day and the momma not knowing what she is doing in the case of a heifer with her first calf. Even a cow can sometimes have trouble getting that calf cleaned up and it on it's feet in that kind of miserable cold... Don't invite trouble.

I started going through the belted galloway association website. Wow so many answers to questions I've had. You are so helpful, thank you again FJ 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
haha! i get stressed just reading it. i'm not used to being around a lot of people any more. i hope it all works out and everyone is happy and has fun seeing each other. :)

we are having dinner here and as far as i know there will be three of us. i hope that is how it stays. i'm ready for a quiet week of not much. chuck roast, taters, mushrooms, onions, carrotses. Mom is going to make red velvet cake with what i call pepto bismol frosting - it's that color...
same , even though they are all my family, they run their households and I try not to interfere- I do scold the child that runs up blablablaing when I am in the middle of a conversation, I do expect them to say excuse me,
I too dont like crowds, I truly like being home. I do not need to go anywhere and do my best not to.

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

For the last 40 years 1Thes. 4:11 has been encouraging to me, one of my favorites.
But last June my father died and boy did verses 13-18 keep my rutter straight and my head up. His 89th BD was last Monday and throughout the day my mind would start to roll down hill and I found myself grabbing at Vs13,, yes our heart hurts when a loved one passes and it might always, but I find comfort in these words.

1 Thessalonians 4
New American Standard Bible
Sanctification and Love​

4 Finally then, brothers and sisters, we request and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received instruction from us as to how you ought to [a]walk and please God (just as you actually do [b]walk), that you excel even more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you [c]by the authority of the Lord Jesus. 3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you know how to [d]possess his own [e]vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in [f]lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 and that no one violate the rights and take advantage of his brother or sister in the matter, because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you previously and solemnly warned you. 7 For God has not called us for [g]impurity, but in sanctification. 8 Therefore, the one who rejects this is not rejecting man, but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.
9 Now as to the love of the brothers and sisters, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; 10 for indeed you practice it toward all the brothers and sisters who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers and sisters, to excel even more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we instructed you, 12 so that you will [h]behave properly toward outsiders and [i]not be in any need.

Those Who Died in Christ​

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who [j]are asleep, so that you will not grieve as indeed the rest of mankind do, who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead, so also God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep [k]through Jesus. 15 For we say this to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive [l]and remain until the coming of the Lord will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a [m]shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who remain, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore, [n]comfort one another with these words.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of my daddies' favorites'