Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday it rained all day. I fed in the rain. Hope my sweat hoodie I draped over a chair is dry for this morning. Sheep are waking up and hopefully looking towards the house. I almost couldn’t dump the water out of their trough last night, it was so full of water. I need to drill more drainage holes in it.
No sign of the Anatolians. Sheba barked until late last night. Neighbor kids got a 4 wheeler for Christmas and they rode it in circles with headlights on last night. I went to bed at 9:30 and drifted off to sleep to her barking at the hated buzz of the 4 wheeler and joyous cries of the kids. Regular Scrooge, Sheba is!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Saw this, this morning, seemed fitting.
Screenshot_20221220-084854.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Speaking of cold, what type of coat would you use for a goat? We’re about to get super cold and rainy and my old gal is shivering already. It’s in the 40s. She’s just coming off an injury too, so doesn’t have as much weight as I’d like her to have.
The only ones I’m seeing are $35+ Is there something cheaper or a different solution?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's 45 degrees, sunny and narly even a breeze. There's a line of clouds off to the south. Brisket and Nugget watched me bust up firewood.

They say Gooood Afternoooon to you BoYin's. As you can see, I saw the light 😁
IMG_20221220_140244594.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
$35 is decent. Cheap dog coats (that would fit a goat) run about there. Do you have an old blanket you could sacrifice and make into a coat?
I’ve got a really old hoodie/jacket with a broken zipper and some holes. It think it would fit her but it’s cotton fabric, I’m afraid it would hold more water than her fur and she’d be worse off. We get a lot of rain in the winter usually. There’s no way to stay dry, even though they have shelters someone will always push her out and make her run into another one.