Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:he:he:he

this weekend we are to get a cold snap due to very clear skies, so, I am going to do the house chores I said I would do last week and didnt :rant I truly need to dust and mop,,, I have taken advantage of the fact the floors in this house dont show the dog foot prints & slobber as well as the floors in the cabin. I mopped every week in the cabin, but here,,, I vacuumed every day but I am embarrassed to say in a years time I have only moped 5 times 🫣
7am time to get this day rolling

So, dogs and DH, had better stand by,, we'r in for a tornado :lol: :p
this will be me the next 2 days,,

just call me Donna :gig Donna Reed :gigI crack me up

01841c357dc1ea762f13a7fe6f2d2633.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I closed up the wood stove this morning. There were some good chunks in there so there will be some good charcoal to reuse.

I'm mainly using the wood stove to supplement EM Heat on the heat pump. EM Heat is an electric coil in the air exchanger that uses some pretty serious electricity, it's on a 60 amp 220 volt breaker. The outdoor compressor/heat pump is on a 30 amp 220 volt breaker but doesn't work so well during freezing temperatures. It will automatically kick in EM Heat if it can't keep up But the heat pump works fine above freezing temperatures outside. When it's cold outside I turn the heat pump off altogether and just use the blower motor to circulate warm air produced by the wood stove via the ducts. It seems to be working very well, all the rooms stay warm and I'm sure to see a decrease in KW usage on the electric bill.

After the wood stove fire is out by starving it of air. I'll clean the ash and charcoal out, sift out the charcoal and add the charcoal back to the wood stove. Then bring some wood inside to get ready for next cold snap, starting Monday.

Screenshot_20230127-121251.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just finished eating a locally raised grass fed and finished bison cheese burger. Very lean and very bland tasting. I believe I'll stick with my own moo burgers though. I have three frozen 1/2 lb patties left. I mean it ain't so bad as not to eat, so I'll eat them. Then switch back to my moo burgers. I'm thinking maybe these bison burgers might be good for taco Tuesday?

Any thoughts of raising my own bison for meat have just left my mind 😁

Snow melt, off the hay and back to fresh grasses 😋
IMG_20230127_141045888~2.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My neighbors black lab, minnie or mini IDK... One of those two. I believe minnie/mini thinks I'm her favorite human. She sneaks over most every day for some lovin' and an occasional swim in the pond. She don't bother anything, even the ducks 👍
IMG_20230127_145024933.jpg

It took a long time but I won over daisy's trust, yep I did it. See I'm not such a bad guy afterall. She occasionally comes to the fence for neck pats and behind the ear scratches. But right now she's most interested in grain, because well that's what "Grain Fed Grazing Animals" do best. Daisy is a cute fuzzy critter with a bashful personality, my favorite of all the cattle. Hopefully sooner rather than later, she'll become a momma moo.

Daisy is first in the row of the "Grain Fed Grazing Animals".
IMG_20230127_145904340~2.jpg

Jack "fat" cat loves the barn, that what I wanted was a barn cat. Although, I think I've ever fed him but what's a little winter fat, he'll run it off come summer. I still think he thinks he's a dog with tree climbing super power. He acts like a dog and follows me around everywhere.
IMG_20230127_153524966.jpg

What a beautiful day Almighty has made ❤️ I'm enjoying my day checking in on and spending a short amount time with the critters. It just dawned on me, it's like we live on a farm or something.

I hope you are enjoying your day also 👍

Get ready because pretty soon it'll be time for new episodes of COW TV 😂

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:he:he:he

this weekend we are to get a cold snap due to very clear skies, so, I am going to do the house chores I said I would do last week and didnt :rant I truly need to dust and mop,,, I have taken advantage of the fact the floors in this house dont show the dog foot prints & slobber as well as the floors in the cabin. I mopped every week in the cabin, but here,,, I vacuumed every day but I am embarrassed to say in a years time I have only moped 5 times 🫣
7am time to get this day rolling

So, dogs and DH, had better stand by,, we'r in for a tornado :lol: :p
this will be me the next 2 days,,

just call me Donna :gig Donna Reed :gigI crack me up

View attachment 22439

OH my,,, I am going to be working late,, My Momma called, she is 85, and talks up a storm, 2 hours is my phones limit, bless her heart,, :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Going to get back at it after my cup of coffee!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH my,,, I am going to be working late,, My Momma called, she is 85, and talks up a storm, 2 hours is my phones limit, bless her heart,, :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Going to get back at it after my cup of coffee!
Momma's are (VIP) very important people ❤️

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Poor Molly the hen broke her thigh bone. She's a very sweet girl so she's in the back bedroom until the cold snap passes and I get the broody coop weatherized. It's been leaking some because it's old now.

She has a little piece of fluff in there with her for company. A very small, young pullet that she raised. It'll do the little thing some good to have calm access to food.