Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, yes I was wondering,, but glad you have a new computer and no they are not cheep

I think mine was only $600 on sale last Christmas from Costco. It's a pretty decent machine. I got to have touch screen on them as well now. It's quicker that using the mouse when you are searching through something. My mouse is an old corded Trackman Marble from 2006. We do have cordless as well, but batteries suck when they randomly quit on you.

They had cheaper ones as well. My phone cost more than that. We do hold onto phones until we break them. Usually that's from me dropping it too much.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1692773859831.jpeg

Happy "HUMP" Day!!!! 1/2way through the week.
@Grandmas Porch I haven't fully recovered from Saturday but getting there. I do know that this Sat is going to be another long day for me seeing how I have bridal festivities to attend to just the "Bride Squad" and I. Yup, we will be good seeing how the lady (my Matron of Honor and 1 bridesmaid MOTHER) who is stepping in to be my "Mom" is going to be with us so she'll keep us on the straight and narrow. Am I excited about that? YUP I AM!!!
Everything is by the coffee pot so brew a cup then let's head to the patio to enjoy the 60 temp before it gets too hot by early afternoon. Right now FH is still asleep but will be getting up in hour to hour and half for work.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My phone cost more than that. We do hold onto phones until we break them. Usually that's from me dropping it too much.
Phone costs are scary! 🥴 got this one on one of the "freebee" deals. I shutter to think of replacement! Also need a new laptop...putting that off for now, too. The toss up -- laptop or roll of fence? :idunno

Well that wasn't gonna be my worry for today! I'll just back burner those thoughts for a while 😁

Morning brew is waking me. Gotta milk goats, release chickens, take DS to court, his truck is in repair. Then, couple stores to work jobs after I get him back home. Roosters are crowing -- guess they're calling me. I'll be there soon, guys -- right after another cuppa. You don't want me there before!🤣

Had a piece of toast with the freshly made fig jam from yesterday. I did good on that stuff 👍 smooth & tasty.

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think mine was only $600 on sale last Christmas from Costco. It's a pretty decent machine. I got to have touch screen on them as well now. It's quicker that using the mouse when you are searching through something. My mouse is an old corded Trackman Marble from 2006. We do have cordless as well, but batteries suck when they randomly quit on you.

They had cheaper ones as well. My phone cost more than that. We do hold onto phones until we break them. Usually that's from me dropping it too much.
did you get any rain yesterday? We got a sprinkle, thats it. All those dark clouds and no rain:(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, yes I was wondering,, but glad you have a new computer and no they are not cheep

in the ancient days my first desktop computer ran me about $3k, my 2nd notebook computer was about $2k, my 3rd computer (a desktop i don't like notebooks or laptops) was $2.5k and this desktop ran me about $900 to build (i was able to use my existing computer case and the speakers are still working from my '98 computer) and then i had to replace the motherboard and cpu (i didn't know for sure which it was that went out) for $500 a few years later. no i wasn't particularly happy by that but it all works fine for me and what i love about it the most is that it is quiet. all the previous computers had loud fans and other annoying noises going on. this one has a very tiny fan that i only hear when i'm doing something that gets the machine working hard enough to turn the fan on. otherwise i can hear the birdies outside chirping or the sounds of cars and trucks at the corner or my tinitus or ...

post script edit. i forgot to mention my other desktop computer i had that was a hand-me-down from my brother that i was able to use for a while. eventually i had to replace the motherboard on that one but i really needed to get a newer one that could actually play a movie without barfing.

i freed up most of a closet full of old computer parts when i went to this newer round of desktops. i also got rid of the huge computer monitor that weighed 70lbs and now this tiny thing i have i can pick up with two fingers, but it's bigger in screen size. :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
our cell phone ran about $50 and it's a simple flip phone because that's all we wanted. if i need to do stuff on the computer i have my desktop and otherwise i like being away from it and out in the gardens. the phone stays inside most of the time. i only take it with us when we are on the road together and don't think of taking it with us when we're running errands. so it's a sort of pseudo cell phone. :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning all,
I do so hope you slept well, I got up at 3, my back was not happy my knuckles were stiff and throbbing, then I started thinking about how I was going to deal with the snow on top of the chicken run this winter...........I just looked back at our posts, ,, page 521- Jan 21st, we got snow--page 544 Feb 2 @baymule had thick mud and her road was flooded-

Ah! I didnt go back far enough page 436! SNOW, Dec. 4th pic's
boy I dont want to go through that again-

I need a second cup--4:30 and rooster is fussing