Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning, up at 4, Coffees good this morning,
Here comes big dog Tony,, he comes and puts his huge head in my lap, I wipe his eyes , then go get is bed and lay it next to the desk, and he goes back to sleep.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
240cf7ec5246ce7b0d7688ceecbc3c92.jpg

Well, I got all the cabbage picked yesterday. It was quite disappointing, i waited as long as I could for the heads to get big but if I waited longer they would have rotted. But I am thankful for what I have, the chickens are happy with all the big tough outer leaves, hahah
Today I need to reset the soaker hoses, use the hand plow to clean up the area, dig up some red fingerling potatoes that came up from last years missed roots. Feed the tomato plants, kale, beets, go down and pick squash, water the blue berry and elder berry plants and check on the apples. Water the lavender beds, I dont want to deal with the compost today,,,,,, AND thats just the outside chores, :oops:
I'll set some beef out to thaw for dinner, feed the sour dough. I want at least 8 quarts of spiced red cabbage to can so I'll need at least 3 more so I am going to have to :he buy them.

Maybe I'll skip gardening and go to my favorite market????????????
Lets go get more coffee

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wacky Wednesday - true story

I was missing a kitty (fuzzy) when I went to feed them yesterday afternoon. Boots was all over me, I think he was lonely.

So this afternoon my daughter in law called farmbabe and said are you missing a kitty? Yep we are missing a kitty, she sent a picture and yep it was fuzzy.

My wife left yesterday morning, went to the water dept to pay the water bill. stopped at dollar general, went to my daughter in laws and then came home. Only thing we can figure is fuzzy should be named hitch hiker. But I'm pretty sure fuzzy got up on top the spare tire and took a scenic 15 mile or so ride through the country side. To get some grand daughter loving.

Why fuzzy didn't get off at the water department or dollar general but decided to get down at my daughter in laws is something only fuzzy knows for sure

My daughter in law and grand daughters brought him back to the farm just a little bit ago. But only after loving on him A LOT (I have videos to prove it). Of course my granddaughters wanted to keep him. But they can see paw paw's kitties whenever they come for visit. He came back home well fed with a new cat toy that they stopped at dollar general to get for him 😂

Both kitties were happy to see each other again. They are hanging out together under the BBQ grill again.
IMG_20230824_154436827.jpg

Fuzzy on the way back to the farm. it's a tough life, I tell you...
Screenshot_20230824-161035.png

Wacky Wednesdays are wacky. It takes a day or two to un-wack the wackness.

P.S. There's a 1 in 7 (14.29%) chance that every week, will have have a wacky wednesday.

P.S.S. There's more to the wacky wednesday kitty story. But I don't have time to type it right now.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Latest posts