The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not a lot of snow yet up on top of the Olympics
rh.JPG

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah I been over there at BYC but I raise mine for food, not pets. All but those Crazy Quackers, which were supposed to be for food, until my wife got a liking for them. It's ok though I told her she can keep her Crazy Quackers but when my turkey hens start sitting, I'm sticking some duck eggs under them.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well I would expect nothing less based on where your camp is
:lol:

Well.... highly variable actually.

Some years we almost never plow....

Many years we have very little snow until January. There has been many a Christmas where we have had only a few inches.

In fact I don't remember ever having a huge extended snow dump before Christmas.

Extended snow events are normal for January through April. :rolleyes: But again, highly variable year to year.

It is unusual to be hit with so much snow so quickly in the fall.

And, being THIS cold this early in the year.... I think that is also odd..... Usually we are in the 20s, or maybe 10s in the fall. If we hit negatives that is over in January, February, and March.

Also, we don't usually snow this much when we are this cold.... This much snow, while we are staying around zero F, is also unusual.

Snow dumps are more common for us at more moderate temperatures.

In addition, I am not adjusting as well as I had hoped to the new snow equipment that we have this year!! A slower intro to snow season, so we could have had more practice time with the new equipment, sure would have been nice.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morning all, yesterday was an interesting day....coffee pot started on fire on the stove-lost them both, lots if smoke, fire dept came. DH then got mad that I call them. 🥲 but the fire extinguisher wasnt where it should be, the pot I put over it helped but didnt put it out and the kitchen was filling with smoke. All is ok, kids were gone, pets got out and I am on the hunt for a stove and coffee pot.

No coffee here, lol, but tea is made.