Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nicer morning. Only down to 48 and already 60 at 10. Beautiful sunny day out again and above normal temps, in the 70's. Yesterday was up to 73... Supposed to hit 80 by weekend.... Heading to get on the tractor and rake some late hay then heading to farm to test cows late this afternoon. Be a late night... usually not home before 11 pm. Clothes almost done washing to go on the clothesline.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Remember that we are moving son up to Southern WA. We got here in San Jose on Friday. Yesterday hubs and son realized that his stuff will not fit in a 6x12 tow trailer, plus our truck and his Tesla. There is too much. So he reserved a truck. I'm bummed cus I'll have to drive the Ram both days. I get so sleepy cus of poor sleep. I'll have to buy some crunchy cheetoes and some swedish fish to suck on while the hours go by. I'm also sad that I didn't bring my apple ear buds that my baby bro got me three years ago. I love listening to the NPR shows via my cell phone.

I've been standing all day for four days. My feet are soooo tired all the time. Standing on 12x12 ceramic tile. I've packed a few boxes for son's roomie so that I have a surface to put son's stuff on. I've cleaned about 1/2 of the kitchen cabinets. Tons of carpet beetles in their dry food. As frugal as I am, I'm not bringing home carpet beetles to contaminate my deep pantry. Its getting tossed.

I got to drive the Tesla today. Very very weird but really cool graphics of who is around you, car wise, as well as side obstacles. So many cameras on the outside. I went to Lowes for the second time today. I did try to unlock the wrong Tesla in the parking lot. It uses a credit card shaped card.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
These EVs have pluses BUT -- beyond cost, charging stations?? Not like gas on every corner 🤔. And cost of replacement batteries 😳😳😳 geesh! $15-20K 🥴

Warmer than normal aver for several days here. Enjoying it 😁👍 Lovely sunshine. Having a clean up, repair things, couple days. DS worked at it yesterday, hope he's on board today like he said he would. Couple roof shingles to replace and a 4' trim piece on a dormer. Really need him to get that done first! Ladder set, I may need to climb it. 😳🫤😖 I'm ok with that but, he's the roofer/framer...not me. So much faster at it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Remember that we are moving son up to Southern WA. We got here in San Jose on Friday. Yesterday hubs and son realized that his stuff will not fit in a 6x12 tow trailer, plus our truck and his Tesla. There is too much. So he reserved a truck. I'm bummed cus I'll have to drive the Ram both days. I get so sleepy cus of poor sleep. I'll have to buy some crunchy cheetoes and some swedish fish to suck on while the hours go by. I'm also sad that I didn't bring my apple ear buds that my baby bro got me three years ago. I love listening to the NPR shows via my cell phone.
When do you head back home? Hope the drive goes well. I've made a bunch of long drives - at night - and I didn't love anyh of them. Couldn't do it anymore. I used to suck on hot cinnamon candies to help keep me awake, lol. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it AND calories on road trips don't count!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Really need him to get that done first! Ladder set, I may need to climb it. 😳🫤😖 I'm ok with that but, he's the roofer/framer...not me. So much faster at it.
Oh my goodness! I hope he follows through for you. I don't like ladders so much. I can do first story stuff pretty well - but that second story roof is really, really high! :eek:

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Battlestations!!! Men and truck are stealing leaves!!!
20231026_085231.jpg