Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Knock on wood, but nothing respiratory here. All nose and fever.

Son came up from basement - he's not good. I stocked him up with D, C and zinc and a bottle of elderberry syrup.

Vet cancelled appts. We rescheduled for next week. I'll glove and mask up, cus I don't want this busy practice to get any chance of Covid when I go next week, on Wednesday.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Son came up from basement - he's not good. I stocked him up with D, C and zinc and a bottle of elderberry syrup.

Vet cancelled appts. We rescheduled for next week. I'll glove and mask up, cus I don't want this busy practice to get any chance of Covid when I go next week, on Wednesday.
Here was my urgent care doc. There was something my wife found about not using elderberry, but I can't remember
20231218_181851.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

I know people who only had mild flu like symptoms from it. One family member had it only about as bad as his vaccine reaction. I do hope you're at the worst and it's all better from here.

Symptoms have changed some as it's mutated and different strains took over. This is a good thing since we're probably stuck with it forever. Eventually it will mutate to where it's no worse than the flu. The flu still kills people but at a lesser rate. I'm in the vulnerable population so I get my shots. It can take me 6 months or more to just recover from a cold.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holey Cow!! I haven't been this sick since my last bout of flu about 30 years ago. Wow...it hit me hard - for me, that is.

Today, Monday, I'm on the downside for sure. Four days of fevers and alternating one tylenol with one advil to keep it kinda under control.

I called DD last nite, wondering if I was a wimp cus I'm NEVER a wimp when sick. I plow thru. She said NO! She said what I have "stopped the world for 2 years and many died". So not a wimp.

Gonna call the vet cus there is a kitty vaccine this a.m. at 10:15 and then a puppy vaccine on Wednesday at 10. I obviously can't go, but will ask them if they want to come out to the car where hubs will be, them to be gloved and masked, to get the cat, and then the dog.
I’ve had Covid 3 times. First time dang near killed me, it did kill my husband. It’s bad stuff, please take care of yourself. The last time I had it, it was like a bad head cold.
No, you are not a wimp.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the elderberry is touted as antiviral by not allowing the virus to replicate. And as a preventative more than treatment/cure. Who has more info?

There is a flood of it on the market, as well as melatonin. Yeah, you'd think those were THE cure-all for everything. :lol: Now, it has its good points, helps some things, same as cranberry, lemon, honey and ACV +++ ...:idunno

Cytokine can be from too strong an immune system. Who'd think that situation would happen? I swear we can't win :old

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the elderberry is touted as antiviral by not allowing the virus to replicate. And as a preventative more than treatment/cure. Who has more info?

There is a flood of it on the market, as well as melatonin. Yeah, you'd think those were THE cure-all for everything. :lol: Now, it has its good points, helps some things, same as cranberry, lemon, honey and ACV +++ ...:idunno

Cytokine can be from too strong an immune system. Who'd think that situation would happen? I swear we can't win :old

We were using elderberry at the beginning of Covid until the warning. Does explain why it works well for most viruses

Latest posts