Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chocolate on cornbread!!!! :lol:

i really hate wasting food so i'd give it a shot. :)

and, well, mole' has cocoa in it so how bad could chocolate be on cornbread? i've had chocolate syrup on pancakes and thick flapjacks that had plenty of cornmeal in them. so, sure, no problem here from me...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan I need your wisdom.

What's the maximum age that you can band a bull? I have one of my son's friends wanting to give me a weened spring birthed bull. I haven't went and looked at it yet so don't know the breed. But I'm not keeping no raging hormone bull around here. I'm not set up for that. But if I could band him, I might consider it.

Lay it one me oh wise one Thank You👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@farmerjan I need your wisdom.

What's the maximum age that you can band a bull? I have one of my son's friends wanting to give me a weened spring birthed bull. I haven't went and looked at it yet so don't know the breed. But I'm not keeping no raging hormone bull around here. I'm not set up for that. But if I could band him, I might consider it.

Lay it one me oh wise one Thank You👍

No age limit... BUT some bull behaviors are habit... and those will not go away... and it will take a bit for the hormones to leave the system.

But since you are talking about an animal just a year old ... it will probably be just fine.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No age limit... BUT some bull behaviors are habit... and those will not go away... and it will take a bit for the hormones to leave the system.

But since you are talking about an animal just a year old ... it will probably be just fine.
Thank You 👍 I haven't had a look at him yet. I'll get more details not this Saturday, but next Saturday. I suspect either Angus or Hereford because that about all that's around here. I think I "might" have found my spring steer, a little early and bigger than I expected is all. Free is kind of hard to pass up. He should be about the same size as T-Bone and Ribeye. If I do end up with him I think I'll call him Porterhouse.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank You 👍 I haven't had a look at him yet. I'll get more details not this Saturday, but next Saturday. I suspect either Angus or Hereford because that about all that's around here. I think I "might" have found my spring steer, a little early and bigger than I expected is all. Free is kind of hard to pass up. He should be about the same size as T-Bone and Ribeye. If I do end up with him I think I'll call him Porterhouse.

Not sure though... about putting a male, or, freshly castrated male, in with your mixed herd. I am thinking that would be asking for trouble.

He would need a separate pen. Good strong fence between him and your current herd... or distance...

But.... if he is so old.... can't you go pick him up, and butcher him right off?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Up early. Had a bowl of oatmeal, coffee and I'll get dressed soon. I'll feed, water and hay then make like cow plop and hit the trail. I'll be back tomorrow evening. Trailer is loaded, back of truck is crammed with metal outdoor chairs. Y'all have a great day!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morning! It is Friday, thank goodness. We are back into the teens with snow for today and the weekend. I have one kid home with some mild reactions to her Covid booster and one headed off here shortly. My work day is jammed packed and so is my personal goal list. Gonna be a day! Enjoy it and stay safe!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Morning! It is Friday, thank goodness. We are back into the teens with snow for today and the weekend. I have one kid home with some mild reactions to her Covid booster and one headed off here shortly. My work day is jammed packed and so is my personal goal list. Gonna be a day! Enjoy it and stay safe!
Good luck with a kiddo home. It makes everything else 400x more difficult and take 2,938x longer :hugs

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Latest posts